Other Talk posse ballot closed....i would like in

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

I find it amusing that most of the members in the "talk posse" have very low post counts. I guess they never stray from the talk side of the board over to tech and see whats really going on with Mustangs...

:D

I have no issues with what this is, other than the fact these same guys (no names, those who do it know) come into a lot of posts here and basically destroy them. They start with a little inside joke thats actually not funny (how funny can you be on the internet now??) and run with it. I have seen it a few times, and its usually the posts that make 3-4 pages where this happens.

Oh well, for those who do it and enjoy it must be fun, Im glad Im not part of it!

Enjoy it gentlemen!

Daggar said:
Correction:

The TALK section is full of nonsense and immature stupid crap. That's what it's there for.

Hey somebody get Webster a Golden Turkey Sammich for the spelling bee.

Well its still Mustang Talk......you should start an EZ-Board if you guys want to have your Posse.

25thmustang said:
I find it amusing that most of the members in the "talk posse" have very low post counts. I guess they never stray from the talk side of the board over to tech and see whats really going on with Mustangs...

I have no issues with what this is, other than the fact these same guys (no names, those who do it know) come into a lot of posts here and basically destroy them. They start with a little inside joke thats actually not funny (how funny can you be on the internet now??) and run with it. I have seen it a few times, and its usually the posts that make 3-4 pages where this happens.

Oh well, for those who do it and enjoy it must be fun, Im glad Im not part of it!

Enjoy it gentlemen!

I read in tech all the time. LOL

~FrankenStang~ said:
I lied, I'd still come here but probably only for tech advice and not nearly as often. This place cheers me up ALOT. Everyday. I appreciate the hell outta these goofballs. hehe..

I agree this is a fun place.....but when someone asks a question and it gets derailed and side tracked its counterproductive. I laugh my @$$ off at alot of the stuff you guys come up with but when someone needs help, or wants to know something....couldn't we keep the inside jokes and other stuff elsewhere:shrug:

25thmustang said:

Enjoy it gentlemen!

Im gonna have to agree with the other guys. I do stray away from the talk sometimes and see the problems people are having, maybe post if its something simple and I have an opinion, but some of us mustang people have no life and come on stangnet just because theirs nothing better to do. If you think about another forum, like say a civic talk forum, do you think those guys are having as much fun as we do when we come on here? Honestly, after reading your post no one is going to say "man hes right, lets stop posting bs". Your post is actually derailing the thread, something you just said you didnt like when people did, some thoughts are better left to yourself.

Im not always involved in the goofing off, but I enjoy reading it.

I do agree somewhat though, when someone asks a seious question and someone just says noodle, its kinda aggrivating haha, but oh well, I still laugh. The one thing that pisses me off is when someone says should I get the fcam or ecam, and everyone say well I think you should get this its better then both of them! I guess you cant expect anything less from a forum since everyone has an opinion.

Ive tried the whole corral thing and it SUCKS, the people are EXTREMLEY serious, not only in that they dont take goofing off litley, but that they are all dicks and think their opinion is over yours, if you go for tech its rare that you get more then 2 replies, unless its something people can have an opinion on. The only thing corral is good for is classifieds, and I will say corral has the best classifieds.

SVT has pretty cool people, laid back and have fun, not as much goofing around, but theres not really a talk section, and you dont really fit in unless you have a cobra, you can only stay on there for so long.

Flavadave4 said:
Great.....you guys have converted MOB.
The talk section is done for:p

haha nah, like I said, Im not involved in the goofing around, but if it stoped Id be bored..Well to an extent like that thread with over 15 pages, i havent even opened that thread, because I know theres nothing but noodles, and flying monkeys in there.

Im sticking with how the conversation is going, not posting the word Noodle and then having 3 pages of inside jokes come out...

Its one thing to have fun, I dont care, but to ruin other posts, thats all Im getting at. The posts that are started for the sole purpose of these inside talk posse jokes I just avoid and dont care, but in posts where people ask questions or post something they need to know, and the "posse" comes in and starts with turkey sandwiches thats just annoying.

I will say this the inside jokes and posts I really dont find funny. I do have a great sense of humor before anyone jumps on that, but I just cant find someone posting these things on a forum funny... Maybe Im getting old :D

Oh well, no hamr no foul. You guys are going to do whatever no matter what I say, I just have my own opinion, and if it comes up, Ill gladly voice it!

mob said:
haha nah, like I said, Im not involved in the goofing around, but if it stoped Id be bored..Well to an extent like that thread with over 15 pages, i havent even opened that thread, because I know theres nothing but noodles, and flying monkeys in there.

Your right, I am on here right now while getting paid by my company......life would suck with out Stangnet Talk Forum.
I just have noticed alot of threads go the the wrong way and somebody missed what could have been learned.

Talk Posse is just a bunch of people with the same signatures... it's a joke for some of you who don't seem to get it.

Back a few months ago I asked DeVus1 about his signature. He was the only one who had this sig. He said it was from way back in 2002 or sumthing. So he gave me the signature and then everyone started asking about it.

The only true people guilty of the "Derailment" trend are me and a couple of associates. Everyone started jumping on the bandwagon after that. Don't get me wrong, I've noticed it.

Truth is we can be banned just like anyone else, so I personally try to always keep it clean. Also, I think it's funny when new members come in here to say hi and we act like hooligans... if they've any sense of humor they'll want to come back.

My post count is so low because I started here in January... yes January. I happened to get another mustang after 5 years being without one and remembered my "login" and then requested my password.

My 400+ are from this year and I try to make it into Tech to help others out, as does DMAN, S&B, Daggar and a few other funny guys in here. They have a WEALTH of knowlege and have been through everything from motor builds to body work.

I can't speak for everyone, even those who share the signature but I can tell you that even though I goof off quite a bit, I love to come on here and help new mustang owners out with stuff. I've had 4 Fox Bodies and I know quite a bit.

For the "Sense of Humor Incapable" I'm sorry if you don't find things funny, but realize it's not just 3 or 4 people in here derailing threads... it's about half of the entire section :) Even though I and a couple of others may be to blame for the trend ;)

ill just agree that when someone has a serious question, its answered seriously.. but like the thread thats outa hand right now, it was a boring street racing story that became a pretty funny thread.. well to me anyways :shrug:

I think we are all out to have a good time.. and i may have low post count - but im usually all over stangnet, and turbomustang.com, i dont post in tech often unless im positive i can be of help. Thats the way it should be tho right?

My only issue is the derailing of threads. Im glad I dont start them because Im sure a few would have been delrailed by now and Id probably just avoid it here.

As far as sense of humor goes, I guess I dont. I dont find someone saying random words in someone elses post funny.

1990Coupe said:
ill just agree that when someone has a serious question, its answered seriously.. but like the thread thats outa hand right now, it was a boring street racing story that became a pretty funny thread.. well to me anyways :shrug:

I think we are all out to have a good time.. and i may have low post count - but im usually all over stangnet, and turbomustang.com, i dont post in tech often unless im positive i can be of help. Thats the way it should be tho right?
is that what that thread was about? i never read the first post:p

Well then noodle it is...noodle.

I grow bored with the general questions and topics that are associated with the 'TALK SECTION"...the bland flavor of the SN and 4.6 sections, as well as corral are enough to put you directly into REM sleep mode. Talk sections are only toyed with when either the poster has taken the thread in a rediculous direction that renders it useless for providing any information of interest, or it is playful from the start. I RARELY will initiate a 'derailment' of a thread that is generating interest by other members or could be seen as helpfull. Now into the tech section I maintain an interest to assist where ever I hold information or experience that might be relative to the situation....basically I do some good where I can, when I can, as often as I can...try that is.

I dont think strype is guilty of the goofing around. Cause honestly when ever strype has derailed a thread or goofed off I laughed my ass off. Like he said its the newbs!

Like in my posts, when i post pictures of my car, the hood gap comments I can deal with, I think its funny and thats what I get for posting pictures of my car haha, but when someone comes in and starts making negative comments not because its what they feel but because they just want to piss me off not mentioning any names cough cough nick cough cough poopdawg, its very aggrivating, i never meant for my last post to turn into 4 pages of bs, but it happened :(

Status
Not open for further replies.