Out Of Curiosity; For The H/c/i Guys W "old" Bottom-ends

• Sponsors (?)

I actually overhauled this shortblock about 5 years ago. Didn't need a bore or hardly any machine work at all. I did have the crank turned and put new bearings/rings/oil pump etc. It has good compression and great oil pressure. With the top end going on it I think it would last another 100k if I don't break it. Lol

My explorer motor has somewhere north of 120k, cylinders still looked great when i pulled the heads off last month. Properly maintained these motors can easily go 200k+, though if doing modding i wouldnt really be doing stuff likes heads or cams past about 160k without at least looking into a rehone, rings, and bearings.

I did the HCI swap at 128K in 2013. It now has 130K on it and the bottom end has never been touched. I'm the original owner of the car and have babied the car its whole life. To give ya an idea of how it was babied, I changed the "original clutch" when I did the HCI swap and added the blower.
We did a compression test on all cylinders when we did the HCI. All 8 tested perfect! Can't remember exactly but I think we saw 175psi across the board.

Runs flawless!