Outnumbered By Idiots

• Sponsors (?)

2016-Web-Rotating-Banners-984x654-VRolls.jpg

Om nom nom

Reactions: 1 user
and another nutswinger on FB got his panties all wadded when I told him he waste his money by doing the following on his 100% stock motor

• Accel plugs
  • Accel coil
  • Accel WIires
  • Accell cap
  • 93 octane
  • Octane boost
Told him he should hav used stock ford parts and 87 octane... told me I was bashing his car..lol

BUT IT FEELS FASTER!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
and another nutswinger on FB got his panties all wadded when I told him he waste his money by doing the following on his 100% stock motor

• Accel plugs
  • Accel coil
  • Accel WIires
  • Accell cap
  • 93 octane
  • Octane boost
Told him he should hav used stock ford parts and 87 octane... told me I was bashing his car..lol

BUT IT FEELS FASTER!!!!
I've got a friend who ONLY runs 93 octane in his early 2000s pickup truck. Says it runs better and gets better mileage. I fill that thing with 87 every time I've used it and he's never said a word lol

Reactions: 1 users
Original question was regarding idle issues on an EFI 302 foxbody.
Nearly unanimous response was "EFI is a pain, put a carb on it".
I'm no longer able to respond to the thread, and probably wouldn't as I'm clearly outnumbered by experts.

image.jpeg

I'm up for a debate, So let's hear it, carb or EFI?

EFI all the way.

Replaced the 670cfm Holley Street Avenger on my car with a 650cfm Edelbrock Thunder AVS and ran the same times (which was pretty much what I was expecting). Changed over to EFI and it STILL runs the same times, but starts immediately, idles better, burns less fuel, and is much more pleasant to drive, not to mention easier to tune, no :leghump:ing around with jets and/or springs.

Throw in that the Atomic EFI controller is pre-wired for nitrous, allows me to adjust ignition timing without a timing light and a distributor wrench (to an extent), and can handle being used with turbos or a blower without any further modification... Yeah, EFI for damned sure. Don't get me wrong, I understand some of the appeal of a carburetor, but for me the benefits of a modern (even entry-level TBI system like mine) EFI setup far outweigh said appeal.

I originally was going to go with all Ford parts (sourced from the junkyard), had an A9P ECM, wiring harness, TFI distributor, Explorer intake, 24lb injectors, C&L MAF housing with calibration tube, all of the sensors (most of those were new), everything I needed, but it wouldn't clear the hood on my car, even with a 3" scoop (oh the joys of owning a dressed-up Pinto), so I went aftermarket and sold the stuff I'd scrounged up. No regrets there, I probably make more power than I would have with the cobbled-together OE stuff, but if anything goes wrong with the MSD system, I'm waiting on parts from Holley/MSD, where as with the Ford system I could've gotten the parts at any local parts store provided the countermonkey wasn't completely incompetent.

I signed up here when I bought my first foxbody. I can go back through my own posts and cringe uncontrollably

You too? I went back and looked at some of my old posts once... non-stop :doh:

Last edited:
I think I'll keep this thread going as I find things. plus I'm learning a lot and I want to pass it along.
Example, I've learned today that this is throttlebody injection and that you don't actually have to know throttle position, the computer is programmed for that.
They're also discussioning why an elbow flows more and the best way to put an elbow or carb hat on the 4150 to stick a MAF sensor on it.

image.png

image.jpeg

I think I'll keep this thread going as I find things. plus I'm learning a lot and I want to pass it along.
Example, I've learned today that this is throttlebody injection and that you don't actually have to know throttle position, the computer is programmed for that.
They're also discussioning why an elbow flows more and the best way to put an elbow or carb hat on the 4150 to stick a MAF sensor on it.

image.png

image.jpeg
That is some handy need to know info. I've been going about this all wrong.

I signed up here when I bought my first foxbody. I can go back through my own posts and cringe uncontrollably

image.png

image.jpeg

23654546.jpg

I refuse to take part in FB tech discussions.

Say one thing someone disagrees on, and instead of a polite correction, they pretty much insult you.

I chimed in on some sn95 brake swap tech and was quickly told I don't know what I'm talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I refuse to take part in FB tech discussions.

Say one thing someone disagrees on, and instead of a polite correction, they pretty much insult you.

I chimed in on some sn95 brake swap tech and was quickly told I don't know what I'm talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is a group I mostly enjoy seeing pictures of nice cars pop up. I occasionally make the mistake of venturing into the comments and always regret it. I'm not sure why it gets to me like it does, but there's a personality flaw in there somewhere I'm sure lol.
Big reason I started to dislike the c6. Car was great but most of the fellow owners and corvette community are the most overly confident idiots I've come across