over heating problem

Grand Tourismo

Jan 31, 2004
NY LI
new to the mustang forum, im a member over at Probe talk. the brother has been having problem with his stang over heating. so I figuared that there should be a forum for stang any how. He has had this over heating problem when he got the car from the dealer at first it was do to low coolant then started again,bring it back same ****,then again this time bring it to ford, they say its some thing to do with the fan they rplace it it work for about a month or two, happens again this time I changed the stat,ok that worked yet again only for a month or two, last night she did it again she run cool at first hoses are soft and hot top and bottom, plenty of coolant, she will run just about the redline, no heatin the car what so ever, Now im thinking stat went, because I know in the probe when the stat goes the heat goes WTF? could it be the gauge or did the cheap stat go that fast?

The car was filled the right way let the air out from the check valve up top then ran her with the rad cap off filled her up and coolant was running good, oh and when this started the resivor would never empty out and when you shut the car of and open it up she would bubble and empty out :shrug: :bang: help please going nuts

3.8 v6

• Sponsors (?)