over heating?

BMAC4936

Mar 3, 2012
my car has a tuff time starting back up after its been running about 7 to 8 min. it also has i lil ticking noise that i hear every time i cut the car off. any suggestions on what the problem could be?

• Sponsors (?)

Hmm, I'm chasing the same problems in my 95 GT. I had a 91 Gt years ago with these same problems and it turned out to be the starter solenoid. In your case I'd say start with the basics and get the battery/charging system checked. Hopefully for you it's something as simple as the alternator. You can get a voltmeter and check everything yourself or take it to Autozone or Sears and have them do it for free.

my car has a tuff time starting back up after its been running about 7 to 8 min. it also has i lil ticking noise that i hear every time i cut the car off. any suggestions on what the problem could be?
same exact problem and after replacing my alternator and starter.. it turned out my battery was junk..start the car then take off the negative cable, if it still runs ur batteries crap if it dies your alternator is crap.

start the car then take off the negative cable, if it still runs ur batteries crap if it dies your alternator is crap.
No offense but I don't quite understand what you're saying. If you take off the negative cable while the engine is running, it may still run even if the battery is good. I could be wrong (and I apologize if I am) but I don't think this is a way to test the battery. Could you explain it a bit further?

No offense but I don't quite understand what you're saying. If you take off the negative cable while the engine is running, it may still run even if the battery is good. I could be wrong (and I apologize if I am) but I don't think this is a way to test the battery. Could you explain it a bit further?
i had a brand new alternator, battery, starter and this still happend other people were convinced i had a draw somewhere and i knew i didnt so i started the car took the neg cable off and it still ran so it cant be the alternator cuz that runs the car. so i replaced my battery and problem went away..i probably should of said this is a good way to eliminate if your alternator is bad.

i had a brand new alternator, battery, starter and this still happend other people were convinced i had a draw somewhere and i knew i didnt so i started the car took the neg cable off and it still ran so it cant be the alternator cuz that runs the car. so i replaced my battery and problem went away..i probably should of said this is a good way to eliminate if your alternator is bad.
Hahaha, that's what I thought you meant.