Overhaulin at SEMA

degins

Sep 18, 2004
Texas
The "Overhaulin" crew are working on a 53-55 Mercury (I think). They have shaved the headlight buckets and all the door handles. Chopped the top off and made it into a Roadster. It was in final primer last evening and will probably have been painted last night. I'll report more later. Sorry, no pics, I left my camera in the car that took me to the airport :(

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like Overhaulin is going back to doing custom body mods on the cars again. The last season(s) it seemed as if they were just bolting everything on or in. And if the did any metal work it was replacing rust with replacement body panels. Nothing custom. Hopefully they'll keep going in this direction.

The Overhauling crew just wrapped their next season of programs before going off off to SEMA. I've seen three of the last cars. One has quite a few body mods and looked pretty sweet. They're not customs, though. I mean c'mon, how much can you do in a week?! Nice bunch of guys, BTW, including Foose.

The Overhauling crew just wrapped their next season of programs before going off off to SEMA. I've seen three of the last cars. One has quite a few body mods and looked pretty sweet. They're not customs, though. I mean c'mon, how much can you do in a week?! Nice bunch of guys, BTW, including Foose.

wouldn't happen to know if they did a cougar this season would ya?

The "Overhaulin" crew are working on a 53-55 Mercury (I think). They have shaved the headlight buckets and all the door handles. Chopped the top off and made it into a Roadster. It was in final primer last evening and will probably have been painted last night. I'll report more later. Sorry, no pics, I left my camera in the car that took me to the airport :(

So long as AJ was there I wouldn't care if they were restoring a moped! Ahhhhhhh:D

So long as AJ was there I wouldn't care if they were restoring a moped! Ahhhhhhh:D

Saw the car again today. Quite a lot of mods. Went from 4 door to 2 door, removed the top and closed off the resulting scars, cleaned up the firewall with metal work, top coat is olive on light green. Looks like it needs a good bit of color sanding or buffing. There is a parts car off to the side, but I don't know the role it played. As of 4 pm today the car was a painted shell on chassis with front suspension installed. The car will be complete by tomorrow at about 5 pm.

Haven't seen the "talent" yet. I've heard rumor of a different format for this year's productions. There will less emphasis on tricking the "mark". More tomorrow.

I've heard rumor of a different format for this year's productions. There will less emphasis on tricking the "mark". More tomorrow.

I hope thats true, I'm tired of the "tricking the mark". I've been DVR'ing the shows and skipping all of that stuff and just watching the "car" parts of the show.

I hope thats true, I'm tired of the "tricking the mark". I've been DVR'ing the shows and skipping all of that stuff and just watching the "car" parts of the show.

I read that Foose is now producing the show and there are no more pranks, and Chris Jacobs is on the build crew. They are also going nationwide and that the "mark" knows Overhaulin has his car. They ship the car back to SoCal and they still only have 7 days to finish the cars. The "insider"still helps decide the design direction of the car.

I read that Foose is now producing the show and there are no more pranks, and Chris Jacobs is on the build crew. They are also going nationwide and that the "mark" knows Overhaulin has his car. They ship the car back to SoCal and they still only have 7 days to finish the cars. The "insider"still helps decide the design direction of the car.

hmmm, i have this 69 cougar that needs an overhaul.....

I like watching overhaulin but the tricking did get old... i would love to have my car redone... but not in a week...i just thank god mine doesnt need engine suspension or driveline work all that remains is better bodywork and a modern paint job that looks good up close rather than a 15 footer.

Are those "pranks" even real? I'd lie about it too if they were doing my car for free.

"My car of 30 years got stolen, but that's cool, "friend", you take care of the police stuff while I sit at home crying and not making a single outgoing call for seven days."

I don't think I'd trust anyone to build my car without any input from me. Maybe a late-model daily driver, but not my 67.