overheating?!?!? help!

XxEdgeFactorxX

Nov 10, 2002
hi guys next week my 88's going in for a complete redo. But i noticed my car stays hot alot, and it smells like coolant is comming in the car. I noticed right before I put it in storage that smoke was comming fro mthe heating vents and that my windshield would fog up for no reason.Also i dont think its the cause but My firend said i had smoke comming from my car on the was back on the highway I was doing about 110 mph. I read past threads is it the heater core,or head gasket. What are some test I can do to find out quickly warm weather is comming !

• Sponsors (?)

If it's coming from your dash it is probably your heater core. Try getting some heater hose block offs and block off the heater core on the firewall. If it is a head gasket you could try to check your oil for any coolant (your oil will look like coffee) or your radiator for any oil.

Im not loseing any oil, and the oil looks normal a gold color so it prob just from sitting. heater core yea i heard thoes are a bitch, if i blcok it will I lose my defrost? and do i still need to take apart the dash ?

If you block it off you will not have heat defrost....and you do not have to take your dash out unless you want to change the heater core out. It's really not that hard to do, it just takes a while to do it because you have to pull your dash out. (A lot of bolts).