Engine Overheating @ Idle

Having an issue with my car....since its getting colder I start it and let it warm up before I drive. It has now twice coughed out fluid through the reservoir cap, and began to overheat....New 180 degree thermostat....never had a problem before supercharger install...reservoir not overfilled...I'm gonna start with the fan see if its coming on...any ideas would be great

• Sponsors (?)

The cooling system is self pressurized and aides in maintaining a cool temperature. If your pressure cap is faulty, it may need replacing if its not holding proper pressure.

PDM Designers

I haven't seen any leaks...if I start it and let it warm up it will just continue to get hot and blow coolant out of reservoir. I'm gonna check the fan in the daylight tonorrow....pretty sure it kicks on. I picked up a new reservoir cap today.

Ok....so I popped the bleeder out seemed to get some air before fluid....for heck of it put Di-electric grease on the plug for the fan. Let car run for 30 minutes thermostat opened as it should fan kicked on no fluid blowing out....crossing fingers for a permanent fix