OVERHEATING PROBLEM

WESTERNPA

Jun 10, 2004
I just put a new short block in my 95 gt and it is running very hot. i replaced the radiator and put a 160 thermostat in and a high flow water pump. is there any reason for this to be running at 230 degrees? i cannot seem to get it down. the fan does not seem to kick on until 210 degrees, is this normal? is there anyway to get it to kick on sooner. at first it was running at 210 now at 230. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks for the help.

• Sponsors (?)

WESTERNPA said:
I just put a new short block in my 95 gt and it is running very hot. i replaced the radiator and put a 160 thermostat in and a high flow water pump. is there any reason for this to be running at 230 degrees? i cannot seem to get it down. the fan does not seem to kick on until 210 degrees, is this normal? is there anyway to get it to kick on sooner. at first it was running at 210 now at 230. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks for the help.

did you burp the system? you probably have a horrible air pocket. also, 210 sounds normal for the fan. you can change that with a tweecer.

Your water/coolant mix is wrong?
Add a bottle of Water Wetter.
Drill two little pin holes in the t-stat itself. On either side of the stat. Lets tiny air bubbles through, prevents the system from clogging.
The fan switch trick____ someone has the link to post up for you, I hope.
Just trying to give you basic ideas.

Welcome to the boards btw.

thanks for the help, i did have an air pocket. this is my girlfriends 95 that i am trying to get right for her. i can't find the fan switch trick anywhere. does anyone know what it is?