**overheating problems**

xYoung347x

Nov 3, 2003
I have a Summit radiator, a manual fan switch, 192 tstat, and a fairly new waterpump and still sometime it over heats. It kinda over heats when Im driving for more than 15 minutes or when I get on it than it starts to raise. Can someone take a shot on whats wrong with it?

• Sponsors (?)

I lost the small plastic flap under the car that helps direct air to the radiator once and it caused my temps to go up. Replaced it and the temps returned to where they were.

I have seen some say that they saw no difference with or without it but for me, not having it made for higher temps.

Later
Grady

hey final50 i had a question about that flap that dedirects the air the funny thing is i had a temp problem just all of a sudden one day it was high and i know it wasnt earlyer in the day so i checked it out and wa sunder the car and i noticed that my flap was coming off i took it off and then later in the week i put it back on but my temps are still the same i am not sur eif i have it on correctly ..could you tell me what way it goes on for sure?..thank you

stangz4life

On my car there are two of those push on or push in plastic locking things that Ford likes to use to secure things on the right and two of them on the left side of the flap.
The side of the flap with them is mounted to the rear of the car.

Later
Grady

Interesting, couple of months ago that piece fell off my car when I pulled too close to a curb. That is about the time that my overheating problems started.

I know what I am doing tonight

SN95GT50