Overrev?

1fast03pony

Jul 1, 2003
New york
I was showing off (stupid)
Did a monster burnout for my friend (never really got on this thing in 1st), and noticed no rev limiter was hit. I think my tuner removed it
Well, my digitach tells me i peaked at 6400 rpms. Im thinking this cant be good. Anyone want to tell me what the absolute limit for revving the 4.6 2v is? Ive got bone stock valvetrain and internals...What about my KB? I have a 9lb pulley on there, and im not sure what the highest rpm you can take the motor before you overrev that thing too. HELP?!

(im not usually the one to do stupid **** like this)
I noticed the car was running rough the next day- it could just be my imagination :nonono:

• Sponsors (?)

In the kenne bell tech articles on their website they recommend not over revving your engine or raising the rev limiter. Increasing rpm by 12.5% increases load on the engine by 50%. Its also goes on to say that there is really no need to rev the engine beyond 6000 rpm. Depending on the size pulley you were using you could have over revved the supercharger as well. I think that if you damaged anything though it would be painfully obvious.

You should be ok...as Jstreet said, there wasnt much load on your engine so it probably wasnt even making full boost to boot. If you were N/A I wouldnt give it a secong thought as I have ran mine out to 6400RPMs in 4th gear, and have a TON of 6200RPM shifts under my belt....but that was N/A. Just be darn sure to not do that again LOL....as its definatly not going to help your engine last any longer :lol: