P-51 tq. and h.p.

ron robart

Mar 9, 2004
the P-51 doesnt lose torque on on a lower rpm engine .if you go to foxlakeracing .com they have a completly stock 02 gt that made more tq. and hp from 2500- under 6000 rpm .now if you put bigger cams in you will lose some tq. and gain some power,so keep that in mind if you want to compare numbers.ported heads will also lose tq.[at lower rpm] and gain hp at higher rpm.if the price is to high for you then you havent realized that you get what you pay for.the P-51 is still an excellent value, it works on a stock engine ,then in the future when you make mods to heads, cams,exh. systems,t.b. powerpipes,or whatever ,the P-51 can keep up with the airflow demand.

• Sponsors (?)

ron robart said:
the P-51 doesnt lose torque on on a lower rpm engine .if you go to foxlakeracing .com they have a completly stock 02 gt that made more tq. and hp from 2500- under 6000 rpm .now if you put bigger cams in you will lose some tq. and gain some power,so keep that in mind if you want to compare numbers.ported heads will also lose tq.[at lower rpm] and gain hp at higher rpm.if the price is to high for you then you havent realized that you get what you pay for.the P-51 is still an excellent value, it works on a stock engine ,then in the future when you make mods to heads, cams,exh. systems,t.b. powerpipes,or whatever ,the P-51 can keep up with the airflow demand.

Please lower the price, for $1295.00 I can get Stage 2 P & P heads!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, then you might want to see this picture.....

p51polished.jpg

Testing coming soon............

qwiktim said:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, then you might want to see this picture.....

p51polished.jpg

Testing coming soon............

Thanks Tim. As I mentioned, i'm anxiously waiting for my heads/cams/intake from you guys. My next goal is to charge it, so I'm really curious on the intakes potential under boost.

Hopefully I'll be having a delivery from fox lake on my porch soon.

Bryan

[QUOTE='96&'01Stang]You guys do realize you would sell a lot more intakes if you LOWERED your price[/QUOTE]
it would take them too long to recoupe all their associated costs probably...

still i agree, do lower prices and make it accessible to more of us, and you'll build a more loyal following.

[QUOTE='96&'01Stang]That makes no sense

1300 x 100 = 130000

750 x 1000 = 750000[/QUOTE]
its not just straight numbers. the longer they take to recoup their investment in the product, the more costs are involved througn ancilliary items.

O.K., I have to jump in here............There is much more to it than most people think. Unless you have taken on a project like this yourself you have NO CLUE as to what it costs, and what you need to sell them for. I am not going to get into details, but think about this...........we have, at this point, around $40,000 out of our pockets in CAD design, prototyping, ect......and it's not quite even done yet. Then we are going to have over $250 in each set of "custom made" fuel rails, AN fittings, ect. for each intake. Then factor in the costs of getting these cast, not 10,0000 at a time, but in small runs that we can afford, to be over $500 each for the 4 pieces it takes to put together one intake..........then include something for the 3-4 hours of machining it will take us to put in all the threaded holes, machine surfaces flat, ect. to make it usable.....and what do you have........??????????????? You'll come up with around $1,000 each in these just to get it in the box and out the door! Oh, and don't forget the full page advertising in the major Mustang magazines. Then we have to get our $40,000 initial investment back a little at a time on top of that. Do you even realize how long it will take us to just break even on this project? If you can make a custom intake for less, please do! If you can't, and you think it cost too much, then by all means spend your money on something else................but you'll see what the "fast" crowd of Mod motor racers will have sitting on top of their motors, I promise you that.

There is ABSOLUTELY no way this can be priced at $500----$600--------$700-----or even $1000.....................do the math. Bottom line is, even the mass produced Holley Systemax intake for the billions of 302's is knocking on the door of $600, add $300-$400 for custom fuel rails, AN fittings, hardware, ect. and this popular mass produced intake (again, for a 302) is already up to almost $1,000................so what's the problem with our low production custom 4 piece intake? Please excuse the language, but please quit bitching about the price unless you have a solution. Get your calculators out and figure it out for us and let us know how we can lower the price. I never wanted to get this far into pricing, but this had to be said. Sorry for the long message. We are trying to do something that most small companies only dream about, without the resources of a company like Edelbrock. This costs, time, money, more money, and did I mention money? We are trying to do something here that no one (read NO ONE) has done for the Mod motor before. If it were that easy, and inexpensive to do, don't you think there would be more choices out there? We are by no means trying to throw something into the market that will make us rich. I don't know how to try and explain our position better.

:shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Tim Stockwell
Fox Lake PP

Oh, one more thing.........

To give you something else to think about we are working on offering a polished version of the P-51........................we'll see how that works out. It's not a definate yet. (And yes, that will be a little extra $$$)

I like the intake and think it works great.

Now to address the 302 intake thing. You can go to any ford swap or cruise the auctions and find 100s of intakes for cheap. Those high price Holleys or whatever, do not always perform the best.

qwiktim said:
O.K., I have to jump in here............There is much more to it than most people think. Unless you have taken on a project like this yourself you have NO CLUE as to what it costs, and what you need to sell them for. I am not going to get into details, but think about this...........we have, at this point, around $40,000 out of our pockets in CAD design, prototyping, ect......and it's not quite even done yet. Then we are going to have over $250 in each set of "custom made" fuel rails, AN fittings, ect. for each intake. Then factor in the costs of getting these cast, not 10,0000 at a time, but in small runs that we can afford, to be over $500 each for the 4 pieces it takes to put together one intake..........then include something for the 3-4 hours of machining it will take us to put in all the threaded holes, machine surfaces flat, ect. to make it usable.....and what do you have........??????????????? You'll come up with around $1,000 each in these just to get it in the box and out the door! Oh, and don't forget the full page advertising in the major Mustang magazines. Then we have to get our $40,000 initial investment back a little at a time on top of that. Do you even realize how long it will take us to just break even on this project? If you can make a custom intake for less, please do! If you can't, and you think it cost too much, then by all means spend your money on something else................but you'll see what the "fast" crowd of Mod motor racers will have sitting on top of their motors, I promise you that.

There is ABSOLUTELY no way this can be priced at $500----$600--------$700-----or even $1000.....................do the math. Bottom line is, even the mass produced Holley Systemax intake for the billions of 302's is knocking on the door of $600, add $300-$400 for custom fuel rails, AN fittings, hardware, ect. and this popular mass produced intake (again, for a 302) is already up to almost $1,000................so what's the problem with our low production custom 4 piece intake? Please excuse the language, but please quit bitching about the price unless you have a solution. Get your calculators out and figure it out for us and let us know how we can lower the price. I never wanted to get this far into pricing, but this had to be said. Sorry for the long message. We are trying to do something that most small companies only dream about, without the resources of a company like Edelbrock. This costs, time, money, more money, and did I mention money? We are trying to do something here that no one (read NO ONE) has done for the Mod motor before. If it were that easy, and inexpensive to do, don't you think there would be more choices out there? We are by no means trying to throw something into the market that will make us rich. I don't know how to try and explain our position better.

:shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Tim Stockwell
Fox Lake PP

I will pass, I will just buy some P & P heads and make some real HP!

O and I know all about Research Developement, Designing, making Dies, making molds for casting parts, etc.,etc. I have a U.S. Patent on a Invention for the Handgun Industry and I produced the first 1000 units by hand. I found out quick if you don't price your product right you lose your A$$.

Whit

Thank you for reinforcing my comments. We have found that most of the people complaining about the price aren't the people that would actually buy it anyways. I'd also bet you are going to buy a set of heads based on price to save money too...................so when that car next to you with Fox Lake heads and a P-51 blows by you, don't complain. You get what you pay for.
No offense meant, it's your car and your money, buy what you like. We'll do our thing, you do yours.........you by no means have to buy it. That's the wonderful thing about the country we live in..............we are free to spend (or waste) our money as we want.......

:D :D :D :D