p/s lines with intercooler

mineralgraygt

Jan 4, 2006
nj
hey guys i was about to install my supercharger soon with a diy intercooler setup and was wondering how some of you guys have positioned the p/s line out of the way. looking for some pics of how you have them setup
thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Who's intercooler are installing? I installed a 3 row ATI unit in mine and it took quite a bit of screwing around to get the lines relocated where they wouldn't interfere. It actually took two tries. The first attempt, I followed ATI's instructions by simply adding the hose extenders. But I couldn't get the intercooler installed without it interfering with the P/S cooler. It took some bending, but I finally got it positioned properly. But then, when I went to plumb the intercooler, the hoses/tubing interefered with the P/S hose extensions and there was no way it was going to clear. I removed the LF fog lamp and the P/S line retaining clamp so everything was out of the way. I figured it was more important to get the intercooler plumbing right and then work from there. I reinstalled everything bending the P/S cooler lines around the Intercooling plumbing, but I had to leave the line bracket off. I used zip ties instead to secure the lines. The fog lamp went on just like it was. I just got more work space by removing the fog lamp. It's a pain in the ass because the P/S fluid is dripping all over the place making things slippery. It holds a lot of fluid because of the hydro boost. I'd drain it all out first knowing what I know now. I thought it would be a lot simpler and relied on the instructions. Best laid plans...
Oh, I almost forgot...The supplied upper intercooler bracket that bolts to the hood latch bracket doesn't fit. It's too long and the angle is off. You will have trim that bracket and slot the hole. Hope this helps.

I just bent mine a little bit and tied them off. No problems yet, and I've had this setup for a year.

8fbnz3q.jpg

Attachments

• 8fbnz3q.jpg
    8fbnz3q.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 38
I didnt cut the bumper support. Let us know which route you are going, to give you the best advice!

DSC01555.jpg

DSC01546.jpg

DSC01547.jpg

DSC01543.jpg

DSC01532.jpg

DSC01536.jpg

Attachments

• DSC01555.jpg
    DSC01555.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC01546.jpg
    DSC01546.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC01547.jpg
    DSC01547.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC01543.jpg
    DSC01543.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC01532.jpg
    DSC01532.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC01536.jpg
    DSC01536.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 32
cool guys thanks for the pics. i am plaining on not cutting the bumper support and putting the cooler behince it. hey silver bullet did you leave the metal tab hanging down or did you bend it up the other way?