P/s pump pulley 94 Gt

Itkix

Mar 9, 2009
I'm having a problem with my crank pully shredding off my 6th rib of my belt(on the front of pulley), I think its something to do with my P/s pulley I think its the wrong one, as you see in pics 6th rib is gone, and look at the washers on the p/s pump I've got it pushed back until it hits valve covers, and pulley pushed in until it starts to rub p/s bolts which I also ground down a bit, any ideas, maybe I could get a shim to push the crank pulley out just a little more, are maybe the make a 5 rib belt put that on be done, I get a squeek as soon as the car cranks for a couple of secounds, thats what I wont fixed. When I got the car the belt was half on the P/s pulley and I've taken this thing off twice trying to get right.

View attachment 255434
View attachment 255435

• Sponsors (?)

Agreed, it doesn't look like the right pulley. This is the one on both my GT's:

ps_pulley_1.jpg

ps_pulley_2.jpg

I don't remember specifically, but I believe the correct pulley bottoms out at the correct position. No need for alignment.

Thats as fas as the pulley will go without rubbing, Im not sure if the pulley would make a difference might let me get rid of all the washers ?? but I see your bolts have almost flat heads must be a allen head. Look at the center of your housing and then mine mine sticks out far and I can hardly see yours is the pulley covering up yours or do I just have the wrong pump.

Ah, I actually think I see what's going on. You PS pump is not a stock replacement, the return line is on the BOTTOM of the pump, rather than the BACK of the pump like mine. The pump you have won't fit on the accessory bracket without modifying the bracket or pushing it back like it is. I used the same pump on my Cobra clone, and had the same problem. I chose to grind down the bracket so the pump would fit properly with the right pulley.

With the pump back as far as it is, the stock pulley will not fit. To fit a stock pulley, you'll have to either grind down the bracket like I did or get an OEM pump. The AGX-branded pump you have is not an OEM fit despite their claims.

You can also try to align the pulley yourself as-is, but that will be trial and error. Considering where the belt has frayed, the pulley is in to far. You'll have to pull it out a bit to align it correctly.