P1131 & P1000 Code...

97GTSTANG

Founding Member
May 25, 2000
Virginia
So i previously had the P1131 code and i used my SCT Tuner to read the code. The CEL light was on and it pulled those codes. I replaced the O2 Sensors and have driven the car for over 60 miles in city, highway over 60MPH and the codes are still pull up when i use the SCT tuner but the Check Engine Light is not on.

What can i do. I have to take the car in for emissions. Should i set the car back to stock tune and reset the codes and drive it that way before taking it to get emissions?

• Sponsors (?)

P1131 is an indication that bank 1 is running lean. Bank 1 is the passenger side. Double check for vacuum leaks. Make sure you don't have any exhaust leakage near the bank 1 sensor 1 area. Also, don't neglect to have a fuel injector pressure drop test performed. You may have one or more injector inlet screens fouled up. Injector lean out can sneak up on you and ultimately hurt your engine. It happened to a buddy of mine on his '00 GT. As for directly testing the sensor and it's circuit, it helps to have a scanner where you can watch the sensor in question while you do a quick snap rev of the engine you should observe the sensor voltage rise nearly immediately, alternatively you can use a short shot of carb cleaner into a vacuum line and the sensor should respond instantly as well. If it will do that, then something is up with the engine or injector/s. If the sensor does not respond then it is either a faulty sensor or a wiring harness fault.

Thanks for the information TuneupsnSuch. However, the check engine light is no longer on after replacing the 02 sensors. I think that was the problem. However, when i tried to pull code, P1131 and P1000 still is being read by the SCT tuner even though the check engine light is not on.