pa-performance 3g alt upgrade

NeQX

Founding Member
Sep 30, 2002
Infront Of You, NY
Monday I ordered alternator upgrade kit from pa-performance, with long std power wire (total: $240)

Tuesday it arrived, PA to NY doesn't take too long I guess :)

Anyway, I put it in today and I have to say this is probably one of my favorite mod's on the car now......At idle battery is at 14.7volts. If you have a multimeter you can idle car select V DC on multimeter touch positive to positive and negative to negative to check idle voltage. Even at idle with electric fan, radio, heat on low, brights on im still charging above half. Came with alternator top bolt and hole pre-threaded. Power wire runs from starter solenoid through back of radiator to back of alternator, then you just strip 3 wires, connect with connectors that come with it, and use the provided heatshrink. So if you are using alot of power, ie. electric fan or big stereo, pulleys, and car isn't charging too good def. go with the 3g upgrade.

:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

NeQX said:
Monday I ordered alternator upgrade kit from pa-performance, with long std power wire (total: $240)

Tuesday it arrived, PA to NY doesn't take too long I guess :)

Anyway, I put it in today and I have to say this is probably one of my favorite mod's on the car now......At idle battery is at 14.7volts. If you have a multimeter you can idle car select V DC on multimeter touch positive to positive and negative to negative to check idle voltage. Even at idle with electric fan, radio, heat on low, brights on im still charging above half. Came with alternator top bolt and hole pre-threaded. Power wire runs from starter solenoid through back of radiator to back of alternator, then you just strip 3 wires, connect with connectors that come with it, and use the provided heatshrink. So if you are using alot of power, ie. electric fan or big stereo, pulleys, and car isn't charging too good def. go with the 3g upgrade.

:flag:

I got the same 3g alternator from paperformance you did and I love it :nice:

David

Got one in my car, as well.

Still have some charging problems with the heat on full blast, fans running and the rear defog on, but that was with the AOD while sitting at a light in drive.

Now with the 5 speed, I don't get any more dimming lights.:D

I was looking at the 3G a couple days ago and I will probably get one in the next week. Im going to do it before I put my brackets back on for the blower.

:OT: Does anyone know if you can just leave the smog pump off the supercharger bracket or do I need some type of kit?:OT:

Dave

92GreenGT said:
I was looking at the 3G a couple days ago and I will probably get one in the next week. Im going to do it before I put my brackets back on for the blower.

:OT: Does anyone know if you can just leave the smog pump off the supercharger bracket or do I need some type of kit?:OT:

Dave

Hey GreenGT...I'm not entirely sure on this but I think you need to get a smog pump delete bracket...March sells them and I think maybe UPR :nice:

Somebody else will chime in a bit and correct me if I'm wrong...

David

Ya i love my Pa Performance alternator. when I bought my car the guy had gone thru 3 stock alternators and 3 batterys (idiot) and told me it was fixed so he could sell the car. It wasnt fixed so i ordered the same one you did and once i put it in the car there were no more battery lights or jumping volt meters and it chargees better then it did when it was new probably! haha