pad slap?

johnnyt03gt

5 Year Member
Mar 15, 2008
dallas TX
time for new front pads, don't want to wast time cutting my rotorers,they are in grate condition. just wanted to know. what you all think about just a pad slap? also what now days are good pads, my car is an 03 GT My Daily Driver,the current front pads have almost 48k miles on em, and needing to be replaced soon the rear pads are the factory pads 97k. on em ok for now, LOL

• Sponsors (?)

If the rotors are straight and not grooved (check both sides) then there is nothing wrong with slapping pads on and calling it a day. If you buy cheap pads, you will get what you pay for... they will make excessive dust, noise, or both. Buy something of OEM quality or better.

I would go with OEM pads but I personally would not just slap them on. I would at least knock the surface off the rotor braking surfaces with an emery cloth so the new pads can bed in properly. Also I would paint the rotor hats if they needed it. I would also clean and lube the slide pins and maybe even paint the brake dust shields. And it is always good to clean or repaint the calipers if they are looking shabby. Detailing the back sides of the rims/tires while they are off goes without saying right?