"painless" my butt!!!!

rowdie- stang

Apr 20, 2003
augusta ga
All the wiring I must say was painless. I have a question though about the "dash section" were does the 2 ignition wires go? I know that they go to the ignition but what wires. The directions suck and they are not open on the week ends. Please help

• Sponsors (?)

The two ignition wires go to the ignition switch positive terminal. They don't go to the B+. Are you using a switch panel? If so, hook both of these wires to the ignition wire on the painless switch panel. That will send power to the ECU and turn on the fire.

I have wired three cars with the Painless engine harness and their prostreet chassis harness (12 circuit). Took me about 20-40 hours of work, depending on how many accessories needed. In a race car, you can wire the car in less than a few hours. The toughest part in a street car are the headlights/taillights and turn signals. The rest takes no time at all.

Remember: Automobiles are only as reliable as the quality of workmanship. Don't just twist tie wires and use connectors, use heatshrink, solder all terminals and connectors, and make sure you protect engine bay wiring with fiberglass tape (DEI and Longacre make good fireproof tape). Good luck.

Actually, if you have ever tried to come up with your own harness (or even a section) from several wires (hopefully different colored insulation), the "Painless" wiring kit is significantly easier.

However, you really need an electrical schematic of whatever section you're working on for it to done easy.