Paint problems...need help...(long)

00VERT GT

Jun 30, 2003
SW Florida
Ok here it is. When you look at my car the paint looks PERFECT. Great shine looks wet looks like glass pretty much. Now, the problem is when you run the side of your hand across the paint it does NOT feel like glass or anything close to it. Feels sorta coarse almost rough. Hard to explain cept that it is not by anymeans perfectly smooth. Is there anything i can do to fix this? or is this normal?

What i use:
Wash - Mr Clean AutoDry
Wax - NXT Tech Wax

Could it be some kind of polymer from the Mr.Clean? This paint problem is fairly new. Thanks in advance, specially you Bob. :nice:

- Scott

• Sponsors (?)

You should only clay an already clean car so wash it really well first. The main things to watch out for when using a clay bar are to constantly check the clay for debris. Just feel it with your hand and make sure there isn't anything in it that feels sharp. Second, fold it over frequently so that anything trapped in it gets folded inside. Next, use plenty of lube. The Mother's clay bar kit is the best in my opinion. It comes with a quick detailer spray that just works awesome as a lubricant for claying. There is no such thing as too much here, use plenty of spray as you clay. You might even consider cutting the clay bar up into 4 pieces before you start using it. That way if you drop a piece you have 3 more. By the way, if you a drop a piece just throw it away, you won't get the crap out of it.

I agree I was scared as crap the whole time I was doing mine, but I did what Bob sujested and kept checking the surface of the clay and folded the clay into itself many times. It's really not hard at all and I did everything, even my mirrors. My car was really bad.....