Paint question, wait til spring or not

vertigasen

Apr 28, 2004
Falcon, CO
I have always been told that it is better to get your car painted in the warmer months so the paint can cure properly. Is this true? My car was keyed by some punk kids and I am having it fixed, but I was thinking of waiting due to this issue. My insurance company said that it wasnt true, and I get mixed results talking to local shops. Any help would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm thinking about using a portion of my tax return for a flat black paint job - the zinc yellow has baked in the florida sun for far too long. I'm not a big fan of glossy paint jobs - flat black would really make me happy/

Personally, if you live in an area that is subject to cold and all the crap weather associated with it in the winter months and it gets driven regularly, I would wait till spring. Because if your area gets salt on the roads and other nasty weather, I wouldn't want that shiny new paint job to go through that "shock" treatment.

I'm thinking about using a portion of my tax return for a flat black paint job - the zinc yellow has baked in the florida sun for far too long. I'm not a big fan of glossy paint jobs - flat black would really make me happy/

Funny, I'm thinking of going semi gloss black with my car, cause the original black has a ton of chips and swirl marks. My beater has a chalkboard paintjob that's semi gloss when nothings drawn on it, looks pretty badass.