Paint Stripper on Bumper Covers and Trim?

90mustangGT

I felt sorry for girls because
Founding Member
Jan 15, 2002
Dallas, GA
For my rear bumper I used paint stripper designed for use on bumper covers, but I the place that sells the stuff wants too much and is never open when I am available. So I am wondering what regular paint stripper on the front bumper covers and plastic trim between the front bumper and wheel well. I don't want to fubar it. I was thinking as long as I don't let it soak too long it shoudl be ok? Any advise before I go disolve something?

• Sponsors (?)

Don't use regular old paint stripper on any of the plastic style bumper covers or GT ground effects. I got a little on my ground effects when I was working on my car and it actually caused the plastic to swell a little. I had to do quite a bit of sanding to get it back down to the right level.

Ahh, they had some "flexible bumper paint stripper" made by a company called "bulldog" at Wal-Mart for under $6. The other stripers either said "only use on metal painted surfaces" or you have to pay so much to get in the door and keep stuffing $'s to get them to take it off! :jester: