Paint Warranty Due To Lack Of Hood Liner

Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by 90lxwhite, Apr 30, 2013.

1. 90lxwhite

90lxwhite Well-Known Member

A couple of years ago my hood liner was made into a rats nest (literally) so I removed it and painted the underneath black with high heat paint. I haven't noticed any ill effects to the hood on the old paint due to heat but now that it's getting painted the painter says I need a hood liner in order for him to honor the warranty on the hood section. Well no one makes a hood liner for the 94-98 models anymore and I don't want to use that generic reflective hood insulation that looks like it came out of someone attic. I'm not at that worried about running with out one but there is always that "what if" that is holding me back. Any suggestions?
  2. 90lxwhite

3. revhead347

revhead347 I have face herpes.

I'm honestly not familiar with this stuff. I've never seen a hood liner as a necessity. I understand where he's coming from though. I would ask him what he recommends since he is going to have to warranty it. The stock liner is a dual purpose heat liner and fire blanket. If the engine catches on fire, it's supposed to melt the plastic and the liner drops down onto the engine to quench the fire.

Kurt
  4. RIO5.0

RIO5.0 Mustang Master

5. StadEMS3

StadEMS3 Member

My liner was looking crappy too and as you said they don't make them anymore. I ended up covering mine with this custom kit from http://www.carmotorsports.com/Underhood Insulators.htm Go and pick up a junkyard liner. I already paid the fee to have the horse and GT scanned into thier system so you shouldn't have to pay for my design. Notice, I got rid of the underhood light too.

[​IMG]
    SableSal likes this.
  6. RsStanG1987

RsStanG1987 I shaved all my pubes playing this game.

I have 3 sitting here pay for shipping and you can have one

Yellow Bear racing 2k13
  7. 90lxwhite

crap.... should've checked my stangnet.... Haven't gotten on in awhile. The managed to find one in a junk yard its ohhh so so