Painted Chin Spoiler??!!

1low03gt

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
May 24, 2004
Cold Hell,Ontario,Canada!!
I did my search,but no pics available.Linky below.....
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=573855&highlight=painted+chin+spoilers
I would like to do it,mainly to be different then every other silver stang.I like the look of it black,but we all have it.So i would like to get it matched to my stang.Anyone else do it and got pics,i really don't care what colour any of you have,just need to see how it looks. Thanks!! :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

Ambo did it...give him a PM and im sure he would glady give you some pics :).

Maybe he will see this thread and save you the trouble haha. But yea, it looked great on his car....not sure how it would look on teh silver though. :shrug:

I dunno if it will look good on silver. I have a chin on my silver GT and i think black flows better with the other black trim on the car.

Give it a shot though, it could look really good.

I did that on my red GT, It looked real good, the problem was that the car bounced on the trailer and the spoiler hit the tie down chain flaking all the paint off of it Then at the next autocross I bounced it off of a cone and that flaked off more. At this point it looked like bat**** so I just removed all the paint. It looked great while it lasted though, it "lowerred" the front end by about 2 inches visually.

I've actually scraped my chin spoiler a couple times as well. Once i hit a cardboard box on the highway too. If my spoiler had been painted it would need to be repainted now.

Do you have the chin on right now??

I could try to do a PS job to a pic of my car with it on

Yeah i do :nice: .
That would be awesome if you could.Thanks.
See if these two pics will work for you.
clubpics039.jpg

100_1492.jpg

Attachments

• clubpics039.jpg
    clubpics039.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 61
  • 100_1492.jpg
    100_1492.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 67
I did that on my red GT, It looked real good, the problem was that the car bounced on the trailer and the spoiler hit the tie down chain flaking all the paint off of it Then at the next autocross I bounced it off of a cone and that flaked off more. At this point it looked like bat**** so I just removed all the paint. It looked great while it lasted though, it "lowerred" the front end by about 2 inches visually.

I was thinking about that too as i have scraped it at a couple of places when i first got it do to construction,and steap driveways in the mix :nonono: .
But i only cruise it,show it,and drag it,so i should be okey over all....I hope!! LOL!

It's the STEEDA "Q400" louvered cowl hood.You can see it on there website. :nice:
The fit was almost perfect,i only had to adjust the hinges where they attach to the cowl of the stang.The finish was perfect,ready to paint.I would give this product a 100/100.It comes gel coated (white) on the top,with a black underside,and the cowl is open on the driver side,not the passenger side which is smart as the main electrical harness is right there,wouldn't want to get that wet.LOL!!
It's a nice piece.It's different,and not to many have it. :)

that hood is sick. is it finished underside. i think im going to haveto order one. i like the cobra r but everyone has one. let alone i wanted a heat extractor hood and this one has that feature. do you have any other pics of it on your car?

I sure do :nice: .And yes it is finished on the underside.Don't have a really good pic of the underside though :shrug: .
Sorry that the pics are big......
Before paint...
IM000537.jpg

IM000532.jpg

After paint,actually the paint is a few hours old in these pics.LOL!
100_1491.jpg

100_1490.jpg

Attachments

• IM000537.jpg
    IM000537.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 67
  • IM000532.jpg
    IM000532.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 88
  • 100_1491.jpg
    100_1491.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 75
  • 100_1490.jpg
    100_1490.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 68
Thats a sick looking hood. It makes your car look bad a**. I'm unsure of putting the q400 on my ride or saleen heat extractor. I have the full saleen kit so any suggestions? how much was the paint?

well i decided on this hood. im going to have the body shop cut the vents out. also, i think it will look killer on the saleen cause it will match the gills and all. and last you barely see these hoods. everyone has the cobra r hood. almost like a me too hood. thanks for the pics. i was quoted 325 for the hood and 65 shipping. also, 350 painting and install but that sounds way steep.