Painted interior trim to match (True Blue) Pics

S.D.-Stangman

Founding Member
Jul 17, 2002
San Diego, Ca
Hey yall, Found some Duplicolor aerosol that was my color (true blue) so I decided to go ahead and paint my interior trim pieces. It took me three days, 4 cans of paint, and two cans of clear coat to get it done because I am a n00b at painting and it took me a few coats to get the general feel of it.

I used the article on www.mustangworld.com in the how-to section as a reference, and it was pretty straight forward. Definately learned some lessons after having to re-work a couple of the pieces.

Get ahold of me by AIM or YIM if you want to do this, and I will share what I have learned if you want some advice and tips. (I would do a write up, but my brain hurts from the fumes and I am lazy :D )

I also installed the new cluster bezel (dual gauge) with the boost and fuel pressure. Looks pretty nice IMHO.

Here are a couple of pics... ill get better ones tomorrow in the light, little higher quality too...

DSCN1521.JPG

DSCN1522.JPG

DSCN1520.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

manicmustangman said:
Is the handle cup painted to match or is it just black? It looks black in the picture but it is hard to tell. If it is, I personally think it would look better if it matched the bezel above it.

It is painted to match... Ill try to get better pics on here this afternoon.

stallion98gt said:
that's a lot of gauges
nice job tho.

Yeah, I have heard that from a couple of people already. It doesnt really look bad in person though... I think it is pretty sweet. Kinda feels like i'm sitting in the cockpit of a small jet! Feels like it too when the boost kicks in... :nice:

this is sound and shine?

Looks good though, I did my door cups white, I'm getting em redone professionally me n spray paint need to stay away from each other

First of all, nice paint job :nice:

Second, where did you get that gauge cluster from? those are all Autometer gauges right?

What gauges do you have (can you list them all) i am just currious as to what you have, that is all.

-Mike

They're Autometer. You can get them at at Parts Shopper for $395:

http://www.partshopper.com/fordmustang/itemdesc.asp?CartId={966FBEA9-7236-4662-B4C1-74B024CE16EVEREST06}&ic=AUT%2D105%2D7001&eq=&Tp=