painted side view mirrors???

tungsten07

Jul 8, 2007
Have any of you guys had the factory side view mirrors painted to match the body? I was supposed to get a small ding removed free of charge (happened during shipping) on my new car from the ford dealers body shop. While it's being fixed I asked if they could paint the side view mirrors and he told me he'd take them off, sand them so the paint would stick, throw a couple of basecoats on it and then finish it off with a clear... all free of charge. Sounds cool. Hopefully they look good. Anyway he's going to do it on thursday so I was wondering if you guys have any input before I go through with it. the only thing i'm worried about if the texture showing through and it looking like ass. He said you'll only be able to see the texture way up close but who knows...

• Sponsors (?)

He should sand the textured plastic completely smooth then spray adhesion promoter on the plastic so the paint will stick. It will look a whole lot better. I'm doing mine after the weather gets cold again.

Thanks guys for the replys sounds good. Buschris, that's what I wanted to hear because I don't think they are going to be sanding the texture completely off so I'm glad it still looks good. i'll post some pics next week of the finished product:D

I had mine done, cost was $300 but they are done properly and do not show any texture.

2657864_3_full.jpg

I haven't seen them done with the texture showing through, but don't really like the thought of it since the rest of the cars finish is smooth. Maybe you could pay the guy $100 cash for him to spend a little extra time on them to get rid of the texture. That's what I would do.