Painted The Wheel Today

smkshw

5 Year Member
Feb 12, 2010
my steering wheel had the classic wear and tear,couldnt look at it any longer..
View attachment 117120
thats all cleand and prepped....but you can see how bad it was...
View attachment 117121
scuffed and cleaned to a dull finish...
View attachment 117122
ready for paint...
View attachment 117123
some vinyle paint
View attachment 117124
a little flat clear...
View attachment 117125
View attachment 117126
and good as new!....

just wanted to show this in case somone was in the same boat as me.....theres some proper steps to take and paint to use,plus i sanded in between coats to make it smooth again, but it turned out decent..

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

been checking in the local wreckers for a long time now,hard to believe,but i cant find a tilt as of now....until then at least the stocker looks better...

Last edited:
You need a tilt column?
ya?.....wasnt in a panic for it, but somthing i wanted to do eventually?.....used to be dime a dozen years ago,only ones i see now are on ebay.....little pricey at the moment after all the orders i just made...lol....you must have an extra one i guess?

Nice work. Me old F-150 is gonna get this treatment soon however the color has been a hard match.
thanks....it turned out decent i have to say....and if prepped right it will last....
Well I have a pretty large mustang only junkyard 20 minutes away last time I was there he had a few columns there
mustang only yard?....lucky you,yards around my area pickings are slim now!.....ive been checking in every other week just for a column for a quite a while now with no luck!.....thats why i painted the stocker for now...