painting 101?

H8Eternal

Nov 25, 2003
queens NY
I have the need for some reason to learn how to paint. 7 years ago I worked for a guy who use to paint boats and cars. I guess I was alittle to young to take It all In, or have this sudden passion, but my question Is what Is the best way to learn, prime, paint, clear and all the techniques needed. any help would be very appreciated.

steve-

• Sponsors (?)

92Frankenstein said:
Prep is one of the most important things to do when it comes to paint. Way more difficult than painting IMO. Basic paint jobs anyways...
Very true..........the best painter in the world couldn't do a good job unlees the prep work was done right.I got started working part time at a independant body shop.I was the clean up guy and the beer runner.

Easiest and fastest way to learn is to go to school for it. Vocational schools generally have autobody classes where you learn how to do repair, paint, detail, etc. You pretty much learn the basics of what it takes to repair and repaint a vehicle.

However I learned the old fashioned way. My dad owned a bodyshop when he was young and he pretty much passed the trade on to me once I was old enough to learn it.