Painting Calipers

Discussion in '2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-' started by kwiltse08gtcs, Feb 18, 2014.

1. My calipers are painted red, but im wanting to re-paint them. But I feel like red is played out. any ideas on what color? my car is dark candy apple red metallic. I still have my stock chrome plated wheels. I will be painting them anthracite with the plasti dip to see what it looks like. This is a fun project I want to do but im stuck on what color. I just need some opinions.

2. How about gray , like Brembo Calipers?

3. You can get a brushed look by using the wire wheel and a Dremel tool. This also helps clean up the surface if you are going to paint them.

4. IMG_1028.JPG a black cheery would go good. You will have to find the right color combo I suggest hobby lobby for cheap little paints you can mess with. Then once you have it find the paints in the caliper colors to make it. It took me 3 colors to make the purple that matched my car

5. If thats black cherry...

6. no its not I was saying his would look good black cherry on his candy red lmao

7. what kind of paint do you use. Because it would have to be a "special" caliper paint.

8. I used G2 caliper paint I had to combine red blue and a little black to get my color. but I would use some hobby paint to see what colors u would need to make a good color for you then buy the G2 paint.

9. I'm thinking of painting mine as well. My '06 is Tungsten Gray with black stripes. Any suggestions?

10. IDK THATS TUFF. PERSONALLY I THINK RED IS JUST TOO MUCH NOW A DAYS. MAYBE A NICE SILVER OR GREY.

11. I know right. I'm having a hard time picturing anything that would stand out that I like. I think red looks good with black or blue cars. Don't really like yellow or purple. I'm thinking maybe satin black to match my stripes IMG_4306.JPG

12. i painted mine black with caliper paint