Painting / Hiding wires??

• Sponsors (?)

I spray engine bays a lot...heres my tip...blow out engine bay with air compressor...get wax and grease remover...this is critcal..wipe down all areas so they are so clean youd eat of it...next get 3m red scuff pad and scuff the surface to be painted real good...if your really pic I suppose you could wetsand it with like 500grit but for a engine bay red scuff will work...wax and degrease again..blow down with air compressor..next just spray what ever color base coat your car is in the bay. You can use "basefix" as a clear if you choose or real clear or just leave it in base coat will be fine.

I really wouldnt use any aerosol stuff on a engine bay or really anything

I spray engine bays a lot...heres my tip...blow out engine bay with air compressor...get wax and grease remover...this is critcal..wipe down all areas so they are so clean youd eat of it...next get 3m red scuff pad and scuff the surface to be painted real good...if your really pic I suppose you could wetsand it with like 500grit but for a engine bay red scuff will work...wax and degrease again..blow down with air compressor..next just spray what ever color base coat your car is in the bay. You can use "basefix" as a clear if you choose or real clear or just leave it in base coat will be fine.

I really wouldnt use any aerosol stuff on a engine bay or really anything

Thats all i really have access to... i dont have a sprayer or anything

nah por 15 is gona be thick and gross looking. If ya got access to a body shop near by im sure you could your engine bay "cut in" painted for pretty cheap especially if the engine is out of it. Im not not trying to be a jerk but it will come out a 100 times better if you do it like factory. Id be willing to bet to that to have a shop paint your bay would probably only cost twice on what you would spend trying to use por 15 or doing it youself.

nah por 15 is gona be thick and gross looking. If ya got access to a body shop near by im sure you could your engine bay "cut in" painted for pretty cheap especially if the engine is out of it. Im not not trying to be a jerk but it will come out a 100 times better if you do it like factory. Id be willing to bet to that to have a shop paint your bay would probably only cost twice on what you would spend trying to use por 15 or doing it youself.

The problem Is transporting the car to a body shop... I dont have a trailer. id have to tow it and i dont have the $$ for that.... We are gonna sand blast the bay and spray with bbq paint

I agree, even rattle can would be ok to match the body color, just got done doing my buddies car(not with a rattle can) but body color and it looks sooo nice. Also we are hiding his snow performance and lots of ugly wiring and crap.

252737489_850832329_0.jpg

252736925_850830447_0.jpg

100_0516.jpg

100_2019.jpg