Pak - Have you seen the last page of the NEW Issue of...

chepsk8

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2001
Easton, PA
Pak - Have you seen the Rare Finds page of the NEW Issue of...

Mustang & Fords Magazine?

Your dream car!!!! A 1969 CJ GT Vert! One of 72....

Let the drooling begin!!!! :worship: :worship: :worship: :jaw: :jaw: :fuss: :eek: :banana: :banana:

• Sponsors (?)

Pakrat said:
Ah the Holy grail indeed. :nice: As I mentioned on the phone the other day I did find one online in my recent searches that they were asking 75k for. Way out of my playing areana, as nice as it would be I'd just as soon invest in a Shelby for that kind of cash. Still, it's nice to dream about. :drool:

was it a white one?

It is gold in the pictures.

I have seen two in person, both at SAAC 23 In Indianapolis in the mid-90's. One was a stripper, triple black, 4-speed, dog-dish hub caps, but an SCJ! The other was a steel blue GT CJ Rag Auto. I've never seen another since. Rarer than any Shelby, except a 65 R-Model!

chepsk8 said:
It is gold in the pictures.

I have seen two in person, both at SAAC 23 In Indianapolis in the mid-90's. One was a stripper, triple black, 4-speed, dog-dish hub caps, but an SCJ! The other was a steel blue GT CJ Rag Auto. I've never seen another since. Rarer than any Shelby, except a 65 R-Model!

actually Dan i was asking Pak if the one he'd found was a white one. i saw the one you're talking about and that is a sweet car for sure, maybe one day i'll be able to afford the other 2 GT bodystyles, but i doubt it. did you know there more fastbacks and verts made than the coupes in GT trim for 69? i found that kind of odd, when i saw the production totals

bnickel said:
actually Dan i was asking Pak if the one he'd found was a white one. i saw the one you're talking about and that is a sweet car for sure, maybe one day i'll be able to afford the other 2 GT bodystyles, but i doubt it. did you know there more fastbacks and verts made than the coupes in GT trim for 69? i found that kind of odd, when i saw the production totals

Yes it was indeed a white one that I found for the 75k, why bud, do you know of it?

i saw one on ebay a while back that was going for about that price but it didn't sell, it was kind of a hack job too, the power steering had been replaced or something at one point and they cut holes in the frame rail, i assume to keep the riv-nuts from turning or something. i was just wondering if it was that car. is this it?

Attachments

• 69-stang-gt-white-vert-8.jpg.jpg
    69-stang-gt-white-vert-8.jpg.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 82
bnickel said:
i saw one on ebay a while back that was going for about that price but it didn't sell, it was kind of a hack job too, the power steering had been replaced or something at one point and they cut holes in the frame rail, i assume to keep the riv-nuts from turning or something. i was just wondering if it was that car. is this it?

Yes sir, that be the one. I was not impressed with quality to value either, and there were lots of pictures to see too. I guess a rare bird does not have to always be all that to ask a lot, but to pay al ot, well you better come across the right person for sure or no sale.

Pakrat said:
Yes sir, that be the one. I was not impressed with quality to value either, and there were lots of pictures to see too. I guess a rare bird does not have to always be all that to ask a lot, but to pay al ot, well you better come across the right person for sure or no sale.

yeah, that car in it's current condition is only worth about half of that AT BEST and even at half the price they want for it i'd still want that frame rail replaced at their expense

65stanger said:
Yo Pak, what's the final word on your 'vert? Is she salvagable? How does the sub-frame look? Have you made any decisions yet? :shrug:

Is the farberware amassing for another knee-capping attempt?;)

I'll send you an IM on that, I am not allowed to talk about this subject here anymore. Certain folk think it's time to move on :spot: . I don't want to anger the gods further, but hey, thanks for caring.

Pakrat said:
I'll send you an IM on that, I am not allowed to talk about this subject here anymore. Certain folk think it's time to move on :spot: . I don't want to anger the gods further, but hey, thanks for caring.

Hey...not a problem with me, I fully understand the sentimental attachment, otherwise I wouldn't be going through a second restoration on my own 'stang. As far as those "certain folk" are concerned, I say, "Pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbttttttttttt!!!!!!":p

If there is anything I can do to help let me know!:nice: