Parking brake incident

Emysterio

Founding Member
Oct 18, 2002
Texas
Back when my car wasnt running, my friend and I were loading it up on a trailer to transport it to his shop. Well halfway up the trailer the car started rolling backwards and he pulled up the emergency brake to stop it and the spring just popped out. (see picture below) Never had this happen before, what do I need to do to fix it?

P1120027.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

i'm going to try to help you out here. shouldn't be that big of a deal. on the underside of the p/b lever.....there is a copper colored rod in the handle it's self. thats what activates the locking mechinism. the spring just slides right in from where it fell out....if you notice on the end of that little knob there is a hole.....thats where the copper colored rod inserts........long story short...all you really have to do is slide the spring back in....followed by the little plastic knob...make sure that little rod lines up with the knob...or it won't stay together.
oh...if that little knob is broke....find a junked stang....pull it right off......it is on there pretty good too! hope this helps man.

Haha! I had that same thing happen to me about two years ago, yanked up on the handle and the button shot out onto the dash. I actually couldn't figure out how to fix it (it was a while ago, after all :p) and just hauled on the brake for a few months until I stretched the handle and had to replace it. :rolleyes: Guess that wasn't much help....but that's funny that it happened to you. :)

Ash