Parking Car In Apartment Parking Lot?

haulbalz

Founding Member
Apr 6, 2002
ANY OF YOU GUYS LIVE IN AN APARTMENT, AND PARK YOUR CAR THERE? I KNOW THIS IS PROBABLY GOING TO GET MOVED, BUT I DON'T KNOW ANYONE ELSE ON THE OTHER FORUMS. i JUST MOVED INTO A NEW APARTMENT AND AM KINDA WORRIED ABOUT GETTING DINGED... THANKS GUYS

• Sponsors (?)

Try and park in a space where not too many people will park beside you. I lived in an apartment for four years and never got dinged since i didn't park so close to the building.

You need to realize that your car isn't indistructable, though, and the odds are that sooner or later you're probably going to take a couple dings, at least.

My GT got caught in a hail storm... screw the 4 years in an apartment--all it took was a couple minutes of mother nature's fury!

I have owned my stang since 94 and it has been shipped to and from Hawaii and to Florida. She has been driven across country. She has been parked on the street (Seattle) outside my apt, in apt complexes, homes, etc. Up to the point that I moved to Las Vegas in 2002, she only suffered 1 door ding. BUT.. while living in an gated apt complex in Las Vegas, she suffered upwards to 18 door dings, keyed, scratched, and egged. It was a nightmare. I say this in that you should take as much precaution as you are willing, but understand that alot of what will happen depends not entirely on your actions but where you live. I guess the moral of this tale is that do what you can. :flag:

I lived at an apartment for 2 1/2 yrs. Our lot did not have enough spots for all the people that lived there so sometimes you would get stuck out on the street. My car got hit by a van once on the rear driver's side light. Lucky the cops were called and got there before the guy took off. I moved away soon after that.