Part 2 of my build

• Sponsors (?)

They came with the kit. It's the on3 kit for the 351w.Fit so far is excellent!I upgraded to the T-76.I paid $18xx for mine with free shipping.The only bad thing so far is i feel they have horrible comunication with customers.But other then that very satisfied!peace

john:p

Sweet! are you starting your build thread?Who is tunning it for you?I'm taking my to john at HPranch in kent/seattle.He did my car N/A and now he will do my turbo combo as well,he's top notch and very good!peace

Oh yeah guys sorry didnt do anything tonight,i will be crackin hard tomorrow plan to cut holes for the cold side as well as install all the piping and intercooler.Ialso will try to install the turbo for good as well.HOPEFULLY after tomorrow all i will need to do is install the WG & BOV as well as hook them up drill the oil pan reinstall my alt.I'm thinking of moving my alt to the driverside to get it away from the turbo,but it might be ok cause i bought a blanket.Oh yeah and hook up the boost controller.Pics tomorrow peace

Sweet! are you starting your build thread?Who is tunning it for you?I'm taking my to john at HPranch in kent/seattle.He did my car N/A and now he will do my turbo combo as well,he's top notch and very good!peace

Yeah, I'll start a thread when all the money I spent starts showing up at my door. :p I've ordered my Innovate wideband a few minutes ago, which was the last item I need.

I'm on the fence, I know it would be easy to head out to john and have him burn me an sct chip, but at the same time for ~$100 less, I could pick up a moates chip and tuner program. Problem with that being all the down time learning how to tune my car.

Looks good. If On3 would have had a twin setup at the time we might have went that way. One suggestion, we could not get away without ceramic coating the hotside, as we started to see engine bay paint failure, even with header wrap.we ended up loosing about 100 degrees from the painted to the ceramic.

Yeah, I'll start a thread when all the money I spent starts showing up at my door. :p I've ordered my Innovate wideband a few minutes ago, which was the last item I need.

I'm on the fence, I know it would be easy to head out to john and have him burn me an sct chip, but at the same time for ~$100 less, I could pick up a moates chip and tuner program. Problem with that being all the down time learning how to tune my car.

LC-1? I'm not too impressed with mine (XD16) so fas - POS

Looks good. If On3 would have had a twin setup at the time we might have went that way. One suggestion, we could not get away without ceramic coating the hotside, as we started to see paint failure, even with header wrap.we ended up loosing about 100 degrees from the painted to the ceramic.

100 degrees difference? wow! that's crazy, didn't realize there would be that much of a change

Well we kept wondering why we had no problems with the red/black car and that was the one difference. HP only sells their kit coated. Thought we were gonna save some bucks by using turbo x paint, cost of $49.00/pint. The turbo X held up great, just has no insulating properties. Jet hot coats the parts inside and out, really did make a difference.

Thanks for the info there Trbofox i'll keep an eye on that,and if worst case guess i'll be tearing it all back apart:(As for tonight didnt get really nothing done,i need to get a 3" hole saw to drill the panel for the coldside.Went to dinner with a buddy and my daughter and missed sears by 10 minutes of closing time.peace

Ok well i did make SOME progress tonight but not what i wanted to tho :( heres all the further i got till i get a hole saw. peace

08180020361.jpg

08180020381.jpg

08180020371.jpg

That looks awesome. You should be able to fire it up next weekend. Hey John what are all of those white sock looking thingys resting on your engine? Finger puppets? :)

See ya Saturday, bring the idler.

Ben

HELL NO!That bitch will be rollin saturday maybe sunday fool! Ya
know i dont f around!Those white things are the direct port NOS! :D Oh wait did i say that out loud? Jason how ya doin?Are you still in AZ?If i dont come over saturday i'll bring it saturday night when we meet for dinner ben. peace

Well got some done today,was pissed that i either got the wrong directions?or i got the wrong kit?So anyways got 99% of the coldside in.All thats left is wrapping everything,oil return and feed lines,then it should fire.peace
This is why i'm pissed!The set of directions say to go threw the fender well off the turbo,so i drilled the 3" hole only to find out my coldside pipeing is made to be in this position!
DSCN0529.jpg

DSCN0528.jpg

DSCN0524.jpg

DSCN0525.jpg

DSCN0526.jpg

DSCN0527.jpg

DSCN0532.jpg

DSCN0531.jpg

DSCN0530.jpg

I just went out tonight to install the alternator relocate bracket and the holes arent drilled big enough for the bolts to go threw so now i'll have to redrill the bracket to allow them to go threw,.What a crock!So far the coupler for the TB dosent fit,the directions said the turbo to intercooler pipe was to go threw the inner fender well which it didnt have to it just goes stright down,so since i paneled and smoothed and hid my wireing i now have a 3" hole! the oil feed tee off the block hits the block so it wont screw in,the bolts for the waste gate hit the flange on the hot side so i had to buy new bolts,no mounting brackets to mount the intercooler so i had to make my own.peace