Part #'s for Fox TB swap

zenboy99

Founding Member
May 12, 2002
Madison, WI
Anyone have part numbers for a Fox IAC and TPS? How about the cruise control cable and throttle cable? Just trying to see how cheap I can get them from my Dad's dealership.

I know I don't need a Fox IAC for the swap, but mine stock unit is out of range.

• Sponsors (?)

zenboy99 said:
I got 2 part numbers for the TPS, both say 89-93 Mustang
E8ZF-9B989AA
E6AF-9B989CA

Is E8 a 5L and E6 a 6 cylinder? I'm not up to par on my Ford part number nomenclature.

Ford part numbers are decoded by the letter first (decade), then the next number (year). E means it was engineered in the 80's, 8 means it was 88. That's why our '94 and '95 5.0s have E7 casting heads.

There were two part numbers for the TPS for 94-95s from Autozone, but the dealer listed only one. Hope that helps.

GTJake said:
You really don't need part numbers to get things from dealerships. They can look that stuff up for you.

Jake, my Dad works for Ford so if I give him specific part numbers he can give them to me for a really nice discount. I'm not really near a Ford dealership that could look it up for me.

FWIW....I have 4 Fox IAC valves....This Winter I went to my Ford dealer and asked for a new one for a 93 Fox....He said it listed like 30 different numbers..due to variables..He showed me their book...It had droves of em in there... so, I started buying em up thru Corral Classifieds as I wanted the OEM Ford stamped units..

3 Fox one's have ...FOAE-9F715-B1A stamped on the metal end cap..
1 Explorer is...........F67E-9F715-BA
Fox or Ex..I have used both with no problems...

I have 2 TPS's and cant see any #s on them at all...

RIO5.0 said:
FWIW....I have 4 Fox IAC valves....This Winter I went to my Ford dealer and asked for a new one for a 93 Fox....He said it listed like 30 different numbers..due to variables..He showed me their book...It had droves of em in there... so, I started buying em up thru Corral Classifieds as I wanted the OEM Ford stamped units..

:nice: I have 2 TPS's and cant see any #s on them at all...
Good Plan! I went into Ford today and was amazed that they didn't sell the oil filler neck to throttle body hose anymore. I guess after 10 years of being out of production they're clearing the warehouses!
--Tim

18mustangs said:
I went into Ford today and was amazed that they didn't sell the oil filler neck to throttle body hose anymore.
--Tim
I got one of those to :D ....Pretty much kept all my orginal parts removed..
Tonite I started my rear seat delete install...Got a mint Black leather set-up....now i gotta freakin store it somewhere... :damnit:

RIO5.0 said:
I got one of those to :D ....Pretty much kept all my orginal parts removed..
Tonite I started my rear seat delete install...Got a mint Black leather set-up....now i gotta freakin store it somewhere... :damnit:

I kept all of my staock parts except my heads and cam (part of the deal I got). Do you know any aftermarket palces that sell the Fox filler neck to TB hose? I think I'll make sue with a silicon hose until I can find one.
--Tim

I called NAPA and they told me they dont' have a throttle cable or cruise cable for 87-93 5L Mustangs, does that sound right?

I'm trying to snag some used from e-bay and junkyards but wanted to check on prices.

I have 2 TPS's and cant see any #s on them at all...
So is FOAE-9F715-B1A a Ford/Motorcraft part? I just got one in the mail and it looked like the box was opened and a different one that is a different brand was put in.

That numbers legit....odds are Ford may not make them anymore, just vendors so the brand may change. There are different styles but the Fox have the same look. Go here and you can see the dif....maybe someone put another model in that box? Fox and SN95 have the same look/style.

iac - LateModelRestoration.com® Search
I actually got it from late model, I thought maybe they grabbed one of the $60 ones and threw it in the $90 motorcraft box but I guess the number match Ford's. I put it on this morning and took it for a spin, stopped at a gas station and it wouldn't start. Took cab back to my house to grab tools and the old one. Put the old one back on, still no start. Called a tow truck and he wanted me to try it, still no start. He wiggled some wires around and it started. Got it back home and he followed me to make sure it didn't die and gave me a ride back to the gas station to get my other car and didn't even charge me! He said it was probably a bad connection but I'm still wary of the new iac.