parts list for top end build, what am i missing?

inphiniti

Mar 15, 2003
Providence, RI
so im FINALLY putting together the top end in the car the weekend of july 4th... am i missing anything? also threw some suspension parts in there since it was in the file i originally typed out for inventory downstairs LOL here is the list! Matt, if this is in the wrong section please move it..

Trick Flow Street Heat Upper/Lower Intakes
Trick Flow Elbow Adapter
Trick Flow Twisted Wedge Heads
Trick Flow Valve Covers
Comp Cams 1.6 Pro Magnum Roller Rockers
Anderson B31 Cam
Trick Flow 5/16" Pushrods
ARP Head bolt kit
FRpp 30lb injectors
BBK 255lph fuel pump
Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator
Trick Flow BIllet Timing Chain
PMAS 80mm MAF(Cal. for 30lb injectors)
BBK Power Plus 75mm tb
MAC LT Headers
MAC O/R H Pipe
Edge 3200 Stall Converter

Maximum Motorsports C/C Plates
Steeda X2 Ball Joints
Steeda Bumpsteer Kit
03/04 Cobra A-Arms

i think thats all of it... so what am i missing besides gaskets? any suggestions are great!

• Sponsors (?)

Gaskets
Coolant
Sway Bar End Links
Sway Bar Bushings
Poly rack bushings
New steering shaft
Header bolts
T stat
Possibly New Lifters
RTV.... Lots of it.
New 02 sensors...
Plugs/Wires
Ditsy Cap/ Rotor
New coil
Water Pump
3/8 and 1/4 Vac hose.
Now is a good time for a fox tb swap....

thanks adam...

right now im more worried about the motor than suspension, i just copy/pasted waht was in my file i have saved on my desktop..

any suggestions on lifters? and for how about a ditsy? not sure about the fox tb swap.. considering i already have a tb, dont feel like spending money twice

My fox swap paid for its self... its cheaper sell your sn95 stuff to cover it thats what i did... i got everything from a guy going carb for $175

While your in there the things i said are worth a shot.... bushings are like $15 a set... reading through this makes me realize how much **** i did to my car.... omg...

My fox swap paid for its self... its cheaper sell your sn95 stuff to cover it thats what i did... i got everything from a guy going carb for $175

While your in there the things i said are worth a shot.... bushings are like $15 a set... reading through this makes me realize how much **** i did to my car.... omg...

yeah i saw you got those off CL IIRC? some reason i NEVER see any good deals on CL around my way and its horrible

any suggestions on lifters and a ditsy?

don't forget tools, i'm sure you know you'll need a torque wrench, but a power steering pulley puller, a camera ( i wish i took my own advise ), a boat load of ziplock bags and a sharpie to label them. a set of thread chaser to clean out threads especially to get a proper torque readings. for the bolts that you will re-use, like for the acc brackets, water pump, ect.. i had bought a thread chaser kit that not only did the threads in holes but also did the bolts threads. so its a good idea to cleans the bolt threads too. but an alternative (since the kit was not cheap) is a 2-3 dollar wire wheel with a shank that will fit a drill. just be carefull with the small bolts u will catch a finger in the wire wheel. RTV was said already but i will say it again, also thread sealant. Print out any how to's that you can find on the net, also any list of torque spec. Beer and what ever you expect to drink, buy more you will comsume it. a radio, and the more friends that know more than you are worth there weight in gold. and the ones that don't know are still usefull for an extra set of hands and lifting those god awefull stock heads off. i'm a brute and even i was surprised how heavy the stock heads are.

good luck

Jimmy...I did it...its a direct swap. Hell i used a cable from my old lincoln mark 7. Its alot cleaner for when you delete the EGR. BTW i have trickflow pushrods that i used on my 302 with trickflow heads and the same rockers that will probably work. They're 6.700 .080 I'm in your area and have done all kinds of this stuff before. fox throttlebodys are cheap and easy to come by. The only difference is the wiring on the Throttle position sensor or IAC (cant remember which one) I also have a Holley (Walboro) 255 pump sitting here too. I even have a 75mm trickflow r upper....

Like i said i have alot of stuff you will be buying anyways. All good name brand stuff. Hell i even have a Accufab 70mm fox TB and spacer and a C&L cast aluminum intake pipe and meter. I was goiung to eventually sell it on ebay. My old combo is almost identical to what you're building now cept. i used a Lunati cam (Awesome lope)

Chris

Chris

the tps is the difference and you need the pigtail

DSCF7054.jpg

LOL... i was waiting for you to chime in here :rlaugh: not right now as funding isnt where it should be... down the line before going with a blower of some sort i would definitely need a better built tranny

as for the fox tb, i probably wont go that route, maybe eventually but im not out to spend any other major money.. and w/ my trick flow elbow that i have, the egr port was already deleted by whomever owned it prior to me but never used it.

thanks for all ur help and suggestions guys

just scheduled my tune and shift kit install for the 13th of July..

all this is getting very exciting, i cant wait to see the end result... hell, i cant wait to see the end result of adams car!

as for the fox tb, i probably wont go that route, maybe eventually but im not out to spend any other major money..

well in that case I guess I can ask 95Vert383AOD if he has any Fox TB parts that he would like to sell off. Im switching over to a Fox Set up for next year.

Cant wait to see how it turns out either. You better be going to epping.

well in that case I guess I can ask 95Vert383AOD if he has any Fox TB parts that he would like to sell off. Im switching over to a Fox Set up for next year.

Cant wait to see how it turns out either. You better be going to epping.

i might not go for the whole weekend since its really not FFW anymore :notnice:

but ill surely almoist 90% positive be there for Tasca Day which isnt til october