Parts Vendor Windsor-Fox has ripped me off

Has anyone else ever had problems with Windsor-Fox taking their payment for parts and not delivering? I sent them a $500+ cashier's check in April and still have not received my parts. Now, they will not reply to my email and their telephone system goes to an automated answer with no instructions on leaving a message. I'll be happy to list all the contact information I have for them if anyone wants it. I definately would not recommend them to anyone. :bang:

It's a long story about my health and disibility, and my lack of finances so I won't go into that now, but to do what they did is uncalled for because they knew my circumstances. I thought they were doing me a favor by giving a discount to help me out, only to have this happening.

Can anyone offer any help or suggestions?

Thanks,
Scott Fouts
40 yr. old with Cystic Fibrosis and 20% lung function
Hoping to finish a 1966 Mustang before the Lord calls me Home!

• Sponsors (?)

if their phone goes to automated pick,how does anybody order???Try sending a certified letter,by lay you have to make 3 attempts to retrieve any money,then get nasty.

Im dealing with California Mustang right now the same way,a bunch of lying cowards and theives. :mad:

Scott,

I am sorry to hear about your predicament. If you would have done a little searching through these forums you would have seen that quite a few people have had the same problem you are right now. I do not know how or if any of the others resolved their issues with Windsor-Fox or not. What was it that you ordered from them? How did you initially get ahold of them to order in the first place? Another reason to use credit cards when ordering things sight unseen.

Do a search for Windsor Fox. Some of thise threads may help you out.

Eric

PS - My wife is a nurse at Akron Children's Hospital. Her floor specializes in CF patients and their care. She really enjoys (I don't know if enjoys is the right word) working with the patients.

Well, I'm sick now!!

Thanks guys for the replies. After reading the other forum messages, I guess I'm just out of $$.

I contacted SEMA about this, and also know someone who is an FBI agent. Maybe one of the two of them can help out.

I've never been a real active Forum reader. Just every now and then sign in to see what's interesting. I should have been more active 7 months ago before placing the order.

I am trying to get this Mustang completed for my wife and see a project completed while I am still living. That could mean I have a year or less to get it done. We refinanced our house to use the extra cash to fix this car as quickly as possible. As you would know it, the budget is running out faster than work is getting done, and now I'm out $500+ dollars for trying to make the car get better gas mileage and be easier to drive for her (and me). I already have a 351W and AOD built to go in. They have been for a long time. They were going into a '65 Galaxie, but I gave up on that project. The Galaxie is too big of a car for my wife's taste and she really wanted a Mustang. 1966 is her favorite year, so we found a nice car for her, about a year ago.

So far, we've had the seats recovered in the TMI sport bucket seat trim with head rests (I LOVE IT), bought the parts to convert the console from 4 speed to automatic, bought lots of new parts to put on once the floors are replaced and the outside is painted. We've got the parts needed off of a Granada to do the disc brake swap. I also bought the rack and pinion power steering kit to make it safer for her as well.

The plans are all there, but this has really gotten me down. I want to get the engine and trans in before any bodywork, and I can't get that done until I get the AOD swap parts.

Waa, Waaa, I guess. I know I'm not the only one they have ripped off, but it sure makes me mad.

Thanks for the replies guys. It does help a little knowing I'm not the only one. I just wish I had read more about them earlier. I was going on past magazine articles and word of mouth from several years ago and thought they were still an upstanding business.

Scott :doh:

68rustang said:
My wife is a nurse at Akron Children's Hospital. Her floor specializes in CF patients and their care. She really enjoys (I don't know if enjoys is the right word) working with the patients.

Eric, that's great. She understands how life is with us, huh? Enjoys is a good word. Without nurses who enjoy their jobs, we would not be in as good of shape as we are. I have a really great nurse at the Adult CF Clinic at Vanderbilt in Nashville.

Tell her I turned 40 in August, and am thanking the Lord I have made it that long. I've been planning an event to celebrate the 40th for the past few years. Well, we sent out about 100 invitations to many people from my past who meant a lot to me over the years. We had over 100 show up for the party. It wasn't the average "Lordy Look Who's Forty" party, all in black. It was a great, Celebration Event!! I'm very thankful to be 40. Not depressed at all, like many other people I've seen turn 40 over the years. Many people do not know what to be thankful for.

I designed and decorated my own birthday cake. (My wife bakes cakes for all occasions.) It was a 1965 Mustang cake. Three Feet Long!!

I'll try to insert a photo of it, if I can figure it out.

Scott

Attachments

• 65 Mustang Cake - For Email.JPG
    65 Mustang Cake - For Email.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 117
68rustang said:
What parts were you looking for?

Short Harness, Yoke, Cover Plate, Crossmember, Shift Rod Kit. I got the TV cable from them years ago when we were planning on installing in the '65 Galaxie.

They shipped the Block Plate and Bolts. They supposedly shipped the cover plate too, but the box had been split open and that part was missing. I filed a claim with UPS, so I'm also going to see what I can do about getting them involved.

By the way, I did send a Certified Letter requesting the refund, and I'm waiting to get the return card. They are now using a P.O. Box 2683 in A.V. CA. I did write down the physical address I saw in another forum post. I'm glad I got that now.

Thanks,
Scott

Yeah I guess enjoys would be right. However it is really tough on her when some of the younger ones aren't doing so well.

If I had anything that you needed I would offer it up but I don't sorry. The good news is there are plenty of reputable companies that should have what you need in stock.

I for one highly recommend Laurel Mountain Mustang in PA. I have ordered many parts and usually receive them the very next day.

www.laurelmountainmustang.com

Any "company" that will only accept Money Orders is one to stay away from.

What is this Short Harness?is it for the nuetral saftey switch????If so you can get it from Mustangs Plus..

Or you know what,my buddy just removed the AOD from his 65 FB and he got all his stuff from WF a while back as a magazine write up.I dont know if he's interested in selling it,but its worth a try for you :shrug: Although his car was a F.I.so I dont know what you can use.

Frank
[email protected]

tell him Mario mentioned he swapped it out and if wants to part with it.

Good Luck

Never Slow Down said:
Short Harness, Yoke, Cover Plate, Crossmember, Shift Rod Kit. I got the TV cable from them years ago when we were planning on installing in the '65 Galaxie.

They shipped the Block Plate and Bolts. They supposedly shipped the cover plate too, but the box had been split open and that part was missing. I filed a claim with UPS, so I'm also going to see what I can do about getting them involved.

By the way, I did send a Certified Letter requesting the refund, and I'm waiting to get the return card. They are now using a P.O. Box 2683 in A.V. CA. I did write down the physical address I saw in another forum post. I'm glad I got that now.

Thanks,
Scott

I have had the same dealings with them... luckily I only needed the shift rod kit (which has been 5 months now, and still nothing) and the plugs for the back of the heads. I got the plugs!

I can recommend rommorrisperformance.com He always answers the phone and you can talk to him, he takes credit cards and HE replaced some parts that fell out of the box during shipping... what a guy. I have ordered a ton of stuff from him and it has always came in quick and did what he said it would.

Anyway, stay away from WF, nothing but problems and no answers. Takes days to get email answered and you have to go through special verification to get any emails to him. I would never buy anything from him again.

I got the crossmember off of ebay with a new mount, and I have seen the yoke and coverplate there also.

Good luck with your conversion.

krash kendall said:
Okay, including Never Slow Down, you have to be third person I've heard of to have fallen victim to this "box broke open during shipping" scam.

No, I meant he didnt have to replace them, but he did... not file a claim with UPS. You could tell the box was taped and then came open. The other parts that were in there came out good... the parts were the O2 weld in bungs. Not a high dollar item and its the only time I have ever had it happen.

Not making excuses and I felt bad calling and asking, but it was not a big deal to him to replace them.

Now WF on the other hand... just getting parts is an act of God.

that is dissapointing.

I feel bad for telling people about his site. hopefully no one I told bought anything from him.

I called yesterday to see if I could get anyone to answer. But due to a death releated to hurricane Rita, they are closed for business...

Red5oh said:
No, I meant he didnt have to replace them, but he did... not file a claim with UPS. You could tell the box was taped and then came open. The other parts that were in there came out good... the parts were the O2 weld in bungs. Not a high dollar item and its the only time I have ever had it happen.

Not making excuses and I felt bad calling and asking, but it was not a big deal to him to replace them.

Now WF on the other hand... just getting parts is an act of God.

Sorry, I thought you meant Ron Morris replaced parts that fell out of WF's box because he was such a nice guy.