passenger side footwell.. freak issue?

Opi

Nov 15, 2009
Allentown PA
i noticed when i lay a floor mat in the passenger side, no matter the weather, condensation forms and makes my carpet damp. i havent had a mat in there for weeks now and its fine, anyone ever hear of that?

• Sponsors (?)

I'm wondering if you don't have a slight leak from your heater core, or if the drain hole for the evaporator core isn't plugged. Either one would cause moisture on the passenger side floor board.

i noticed when i lay a floor mat in the passenger side, no matter the weather, condensation forms and makes my carpet damp. i havent had a mat in there for weeks now and its fine, anyone ever hear of that?

The floor mat probably traps the moisture and keeps it from evaporating. It must be a slow enough leak or drip that it dries up faster than it accumulates without the mat to hold it in.

Does it smell and feel like coolant or do you think it's just water?

The floor mat probably traps the moisture and keeps it from evaporating. It must be a slow enough leak or drip that it dries up faster than it accumulates without the mat to hold it in.

Does it smell and feel like coolant or do you think it's just water?

it doesnt really smell like coolant at all ive stuck my face in it a few times, just seems like water to me