Pats security system problem!

• Sponsors (?)

Did you buy the car new or used? It sounds like you have an aftermarket alarm? The only thing that the car does is flash the lights and sound the horn when you hit the lock button twice. Unlocking shouldn't make any sounds. Check the battery on the keyless entry to see if it is working and disarming correctly.

Is your only problem that your car does not chirp when unlocking the doors? If so, just make the sound with your mouth and quit stressin'. It shouldn't chirp anyway when unlocking the doors. If it runs fine and locks/unlocks with the remote then you have no problem. IMO :shrug:

I think he also stated that the car won't start. If you do find that you have an aftermarket alarm and it is acting quirky you will probably find a valet switch under the dash where your steering wheel is. You can disarm the alarm that way and be able to drive the car until you find out what is going on.

MikeStang00GT said:
I think he also stated that the car won't start. If you do find that you have an aftermarket alarm and it is acting quirky you will probably find a valet switch under the dash where your steering wheel is. You can disarm the alarm that way and be able to drive the car until you find out what is going on.

Missed that. :bang:

CanadaStang said:
http://www.fordscorpio.co.uk/pats.htm

If this doesn't help, call your local Ford dealer.

I did, and they totally destroyed the under panel. First i was lectured by the service attendent that they do not work on aftermarket systems (it's not it was a dealer upgrade, and a ford system), then they called and said it would be $1200 for a new one, because my valet switch was broken. Then they wanted to charge me for a diagnostic hour x2. (hey ace, i told you exactly what was wrong with it) now my secuirty system is disarmed, and my car is basiclly hot wired, they spliced out wires and did not put the trim panels back correctly.

Yeehaw my car starts, but i wanted it fixed not worked around. Russ Milne ford in Chesterfied, MI is terrible. I heard that ford dealerships service is not the best, but that is pathetic.

Ford has a customer service 800 number, you should call it. Maybe they will hook you up because of the bad service that dealership gave you...

Also, try a different dealership.

Buy a new fob on ebay way cheaper!

DTNODYA said:
Is your only problem that your car does not chirp when unlocking the doors? If so, just make the sound with your mouth and quit stressin'. It shouldn't chirp anyway when unlocking the doors. If it runs fine and locks/unlocks with the remote then you have no problem. IMO :shrug:

Chirp,chirp , Vroooom, vrooom gonna try that when I see a new Shelby parked somewhere.:hail2:

Damn, I wish I would have know about this before Milne screwed your car up. I know a Service guy a Thibadeau who takes care of me.

I bought mine at Milne, and havn't had good luck with their service Dept. either.:notnice:

GT JAY said:
Damn, I wish I would have know about this before Milne screwed your car up. I know a Service guy a Thibadeau who takes care of me.

I bought mine at Milne, and havn't had good luck with their service Dept. either.:notnice:

They are by far the mustang king in the area, you'd think they'd get it.

The sales manager has a couple of stangs and a Ford GT, Hello!

DTNODYA said:

Sorry this cracked me up.