paypal help

sn-95matt5-0

Nov 6, 2006
ok i'm within 400 of my spending limit on my paypal account. i think i need to get it verified but i'm not really sure what all that means. will i have to pay a monthly fee?will it take a hit on my credit? is there any ups or downs to this?

i'm 19 and i have NO credit at the moment and my parents arent sure on this sorta thing so i'm asking ya'll to see if yall can help keep me out of trouble.

• Sponsors (?)

Matt I think all that means is they just want your credit card number on file. I don't quite get it cause they already have mine and they still ask me to get verified.

Dude you must buy a lot of **** through there your allowed like 8,000 lol it told me I still have 6,000 some almost 7 limit

yeah they use ur bankin account.... they make two deposits in ur acct, both different amounts. itll take a few days to get verified, IIRC. once u see those deposits in ur acct, tell PP and ull be verified...

im 21 and ive been verified since i was like 16... so it was awhile ago, dont really recall too much, but i remember this phase

One thing you might want to consider, especially if you're hesitant about them having your account numbers, would be to open an account that is JUST for Paypal.

I have it attached to my main bank account (for the last 5-6 years--no problems) and when I pay for something that costs more than what is in the Paypal account, it just takes it from my bank account. Comes in handy. Of course, if there is a "mistake", they can take the money from your account. Not too much you can do about it.

that's actually a good idea for anything you do online. I opened a new accout with a credit union when I started my job causde my bank sucked. After I closed the bank account I thought maybe I should have kept it for that reason. I figured what the hell if people are gonna steal from me they are gonna do it no matter what so I just buy away

yeah thats pretty much the only reason i have this checking account is for online purchases i have a savings in a credit union that i use for my actual money that i'm saving for "a rainy day"