PCV question with Vortech Supercharger...

MikeR351w

Founding Member
Oct 8, 2001
Wisconsin
Hello all. Quick question. I have 93 LX 5.0. Currently I have an Edlebrock Perf. RPM II intake, Vortech supercharger (installed but not hooked up) and other misc. mods. My question is that before I go about putting the belt on the Vortech for the first time, I need to plump my PCV system.

Right now I have an oil separator in the PCV system. With the introduction of the supercharger, I will now have to re-plumb the tube going from the oil filler neck to the t/b. Should I run the tube from the oil filler neck into the air duct (after MAF meter, before supercharger)???? OR should I run it next to the air filter so that the air coming out of the filler neck will get sucked into the filter and back into the engine. The only difference would be that the MAF air sensor would read this air and adjust accordingly. Does it make a difference?

Also, the supercharger that I bought came with a fuel filter looking item with two lines that attach to it. Is this some sort of filter for the PCV system???? Should that get put in the middle of the aforementioned lines??? Any help would be much appreciated. I dont want vaccum leaks... Oh yeah, the t/b nipple is blocked off already....

:flag:

• Sponsors (?)