Pedals=PITA!!!

02FastblackGT

Mar 12, 2006
Tucson, AZ
So, I went to install the Ford Racing aluminum pedals today, thinking it would be a breeze. Boy was I wrong!!!:nonono: The dead pedal was easy, save for the wiring harness attached to the bracket was holding on for dear life. The accelerator pedal was semi-easy, just took some patience. However, the brake/clutch pedals were the biggest PITA ever. I even had them sit in warm water & used soap to try and convince them to go on without a fight...yeah right!! Oh well, I finally got them on, after about an hour, so I guess it wasn't too bad, but there were deffinetley worth it!! Look so much better than the stupid stock black pedals:nice: I just thought I'd vent/warn others, in case they were going to attempt the pedals. Plus, for those who have already installed pedals before, just be happy you never have to do them again!!:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I installed the pedal on my clutch/brake pedal assembly a couple weeks ago. It took me over 2 hours to get them on. The rubber piece on the bottom is torn and looks rough but the pedal seems to be secure so it'll do.

Yeah I tried slipping them on by hand for about an hour with no succes. Then I tried the warm water and soap, if you wiggle them back and forth with your foot it seems to go on alot easier. I just wish I had figured that out before I wasted an hour of my life. In the end though it was well worth the frustration!

i installed mine a while ago and yeah the clutch and brake are difficult. After getting frustrated for about an hour with them i finally got the idea of heating the rubber up with hot water, and i mean hot. I turned on the coffee pot, put the pedal covers in a plastic container and poured the hot water on them. Let them sit in there for a minute or two got em out, the rubber was soft and voila, they went on without a hassle.

PonyboyIsaac said:
i installed mine a while ago and yeah the clutch and brake are difficult. After getting frustrated for about an hour with them i finally got the idea of heating the rubber up with hot water, and i mean hot. I turned on the coffee pot, put the pedal covers in a plastic container and poured the hot water on them. Let them sit in there for a minute or two got em out, the rubber was soft and voila, they went on without a hassle.
thats the key, HOT water not warm water.

HOW THE HECK DID YOU GET THE ORIGINAL FOOTREST PEDAL OFF!?!

Ive installed all the other pedals, was a real pain in the a$$...anyways, I never wanted to attempt to put on the footrest pedal because I was always afraid I was going to break the original pedal when taking it off.

Is there a trick to this?

I'm assuming you mean the "dead" pedal...you have to pop your lower door molding up (just pull hard, but be careful). It should pop up with relative ease. Now you can remove your curved interior piece that surrounds the hood latch release. This will reveal the 2 10mm bolts that hold the dead pedal bracket to the frame. Attached to the bracket is a wiring harness, be sure to detach this, but again be careful. Remove the 2 bolts, whole bracket (w/ dead pedal attached) should release from frame. I pinched the two "squares" on the back of the dead pedal w/ some needle nose pliers, so I could pull the stock one off. I then lined up the new dead pedal, and placed it on the ground. I stepped on it, to apply pressure so the "squares" on the back of the new dead pedal would pop in. Now re-install bracket w/ new dead pedal attached, re-bolt the bracket to the frame, re-clip the wiring harness, re-attach the curved interior piece that surrounds the hood latch release, re-attach the lower door molding (just press down until it pops back in), and you're done! Like I said before, this was the easiest of the 4 pedals...:nonono:

My dead pedal broke when taking it off.....the little tabs on the back broke....but I didn't care since it wasn't going back on anyways. I did mine about 1 1/2 weeks ago...and the clutch/brake were a pain. I warmed them and used my hands and feet to "twist" them on. The clutch pedal tore on the bottom, but you can't see it from any normal position and the pedal is secure, so all is good! They look awesome and feel alot different too when driving, my feet don't slip at all anymore.

I broke my "dead" pedal into pieces when I took it off. I just stuck a flat head under it and pried it off. Oh well didn't find out about the tabs till it was to late. Needless to say none of my stock pedals survied the install.