Pedestal Mount Rockers/ Pushrods

spade33

Nov 14, 2006
Tempe, Arizona
Hey all its been quite a long time since I've posted on here (been working 48-80 hrs a week) but i figured i would since the mustangs been down and out for a couple months and i would like to get back in it as my daily driver. My issue is among other things, that i put a new set of heads on (afr 165) and they are pedestal mount. my question is i assume is should get new push rods and i was wondering if anybody had the correct way to measure for them. i have an adjustable push rod and will be tearing the top end down again due to some other issues. secondly i wanted to know if you all could help me with the correct way to adjust or tighten down the pedestal mount rockers... these are my first experience with them and don't really know how to work them correctly and want to get the mustang running RIGHT this time. Thanks a lot everyone :D

• Sponsors (?)

Hey all its been quite a long time since I've posted on here (been working 48-80 hrs a week) but i figured i would since the mustangs been down and out for a couple months and i would like to get back in it as my daily driver. My issue is among other things, that i put a new set of heads on (afr 165) and they are pedestal mount. my question is i assume is should get new push rods and i was wondering if anybody had the correct way to measure for them. i have an adjustable push rod and will be tearing the top end down again due to some other issues. secondly i wanted to know if you all could help me with the correct way to adjust or tighten down the pedestal mount rockers... these are my first experience with them and don't really know how to work them correctly and want to get the mustang running RIGHT this time. Thanks a lot everyone :D

Hi,
In addition to what has already been sagely advised, I'll add to check your P/R geometry. It's very important to get this correct in-light of the changes you're making on the top end.
Good luck!