Peel Out

While making a right turn on to a major road today i put my foot down :rolleyes: well once i had regained traction i looked back to find only one tire mark from the right side tire.....Do all AOD 5.0s do a 1 wheel peel? Was it cause i was making a right turn? Or do I need to have my differential rebuilt? I know if i did a burnout in my old 4.6L GT Auto that both wheels would start spinning but then one would lock up and I would only have one wheel only smokin :mad: .....is that the same deal with the 5.0s?

• Sponsors (?)

Pretty sure a limited-slip differential was standard on all Mustangs packaged with a 5.0L, regardless of whether they were manual or auto. Only Fox bodies they seemed to be optional on were on Lincoln Mark VII models, but most of the LSC trim models got 'em. (I don't recall any T-birds or Cougars having stock limited-slip, except for maybe the TurboCoupes and SuperCoupes.)

Do a rear gear fluid change, look for shavings and things amiss in the rear assembly while you've got the cover off, and be sure to use some limited-slip additive when you refill. Might get lucky and catch it early enough that you can get by on it as-is for awhile before it comes time for a rebuild ... and a set of 3.73 or 4.10 gears. :D