peeling out

Let it be understood that I am gramps on the gas pedal. But this afternoon I got a hair up my *** to see if my 2012 V6 auto could leave rubber from start. Well, it can't. The engine seems overwhelmed for about half a second before power is released to the back wheels. By that time the car is already moving. But once it gets going, hang on!! Must be a computer thing.....

Anyone else experience the same thing?

• Sponsors (?)

It's an automatic thing, and probably including the computer. My 05 auto v6 does it as launching from 10mph feels night and day difference from a dead stop.

I'm assuming the new v6's have a LSD too, so even if you did break loose a little, you won't lay rubber down. Me on the other hand, once I break loose, I'm going no where real fast, and laying down a single, black line.

You might try holding the brake harder with your left foot while getting on the gas at the same time, then launching.

Thanks for the response. After I posted, I went out and tried again in case I was doing something wrong in the first place. Well, both wheels broke a little..sounded like there might have been a little dirt on the road, but they both broke. I suppose I was witnessing the limited slip diff in action.

Anyway, enough of the WOT stuff. I got it out of my system and will probably never try it again... :rolleyes:

I'm sure the electronic traction control is more popular or even standard now. Had to get that option separate in the earlier years. And what's silly, is that I don't even have ABS because they come together.