People who critique your car

Green&GoldGT

Aug 1, 2005
Virginia
People seem to think that since you have a nice car they have the right to critique your car at point out everything bad. Like what's that noise? why does the car do that(clutch chatter, bad idle)? What happened to your spoiler? Don't those holes let water in your trunk? Or pick at an imperfection?

I've had a phone call that my grille was missing. I'm like uhh yea I know.

Does anyone else get this? Wish people would leave it alone. I'm done venting haha

• Sponsors (?)

People seem to think that since you have a nice car they have the right to critique your car at point out everything bad. Like what's that noise? why does the car do that(clutch chatter, bad idle)? What happened to your spoiler? Don't those holes let water in your trunk? Or pick at an imperfection?

I've had a phone call that my grille was missing. I'm like uhh yea I know.

Does anyone else get this? Wish people would leave it alone. I'm done venting haha

yep that'll happen... BTW, when you get a chance will you touch up that scratch on your passenger door? :p

I bet these folks WANT your car to look good. You really miss out if you close your mind to constructive criticism. If you dont agree, forget it, who cares, but there might be some good advice in there.:nice:

If you have a nice car with open holes in the trunk lid, expect people to point it out. They should! Its crappy!:shrug:

In NY I have to deal with all the import guys bashing mustangs and american cars. I work with a bunch of honda guys and all they do is bash my car alllll friggin day. Its very annoying and they will never understand that a v8 owns in the 1/4 lol :).

One of my best friends is like that. Some people can't help themselves. When he saw my new cobra all he said was "hmm, why is the grill missing? I don't think that looks good"..I simply laughed and said it was stock. Brush it off. As long as you like the look of your car that's all that matters.

People said, "your car needs to be lowered"... so I lowered it. :D

People said, "your exhaust isn't loud enough"... so I put in MagnaPacks. :p

People said, "your car is not fast enough"... so I put in a Kenne Bell blower. :eek:

I don't let those people ride in my car anymore... :rlaugh:

I bet these folks WANT your car to look good. You really miss out if you close your mind to constructive criticism. If you dont agree, forget it, who cares, but there might be some good advice in there.:nice:

If you have a nice car with open holes in the trunk lid, expect people o point it out. They should! Its crappy!:shrug:

I agree with that, my problem is people think my stangs look good but I personally think there is always something that can look better than it is or something I can change to make it better.

Don't sweat the people who dont understand what being an enthusiast is. I have run into it once or twice also, seems to always be at gas stations right after I wash it. Some people seem to think that if your out and about in a shiney mustang it must be perfect like a ferrari that you pay to have detailed all the time and only put 1000 miles on a year. These same people would be shocked to find out some of our cars LIVE outside all the time.

I don't think I've ever had someone critique my car... if I hear anything it's compliments... in fact, the first week after I bought my car some guy said to me "at one time that was the fastest car on the road, looks good man" I told him he had my car confused with a Grand National :D

This could be due to the fact that my car is always clean, there are no scratches/swirls in my paint, and I think I've always done tasteful appearance mods :shrug:

People said, "your car needs to be lowered"... so I lowered it. :D

People said, "your exhaust isn't loud enough"... so I put in MagnaPacks. :p

People said, "your car is not fast enough"... so I put in a Kenne Bell blower. :eek:

I don't let those people ride in my car anymore... :rlaugh:

I'm guessing that there's more to this... Something along the lines of, "These are things I already knew and was aware of but someone mentioning it just brought it to the front of my mind."

I hear stuff all the time. Some of it yeah... validated in my head as either in work, or planned for, down the road. Other stuff though... not so much.

You should put a 8 point roll cage in! -- Uh... no. It's a street vehicle that occasionally sees the track for fun.

You should pull the air conditioner and lighten the load on the nose! -- Uh... no. It's a street vehicle that occasionally sees the track for fun.

You should put 91/10s in the front, 50/50s in the back and swap to 410s in the rear end! -- Uh... no. It's a street vehicle that occasionally sees the track for fun.

etc. etc. etc...

So my point is that you ARE an enthusiast... You know or least have some idea of the direction that you want to go and that only those things you've got rattling around in your head already that someone else verbalizes, are the things that are maybe perceived as, 'criticisms'.

If not... if I'm WAY off base then:

You need to have a method of emergency egress! You need an ejection seat! :D

I think what bothers me most about owning a '98 Mustang is being constantly asked if it's a 5.0, because when I say it has a 4.6L engine people seem disappointed. In fact, some have thought the 4.6 is a V-6 :nonono: f'n dummies