People with Dumps in here

Spitfire

Founding Member
Aug 29, 2002
Weezing in the high desert
After I finished installing my MM panhard bar and torque arm I drove around with the tailpipes taken off. I thought it was too loud and not as smooth, so i had someone try to get the Magnaflow pipes to fit. Well the rattle on both sides and it is driving me crazy.

My question is, if I actually install turndowns after the muffler will it be a little quieter than when I just had the pipes off?

At this point its looking like the pipes are just dead weight begging to be removed. Opinions welcome from those with experience running dumps.

• Sponsors (?)

My experience...

Magnapacks with pipes - Drone but livable

Magnapacks with no pipes - OMFG almost unbarable

Magnapacks with turndowns - a little better but not much

Dynomax with turndowns - very livable, about the same as the magnapacks with the pipes. I also got my low end torque back.

I want to know also. I had my settup running without the tailpipes when I first installed the exhaust. It sounded AMAZING, but if the rpms got too low (below 1000rpm) it would make this horrible sound, and rattle the inside of the car real bad. It would also rattle my dash in the "drone zone" @ 2100-2300rpm. Im glad it doesnt rattle anything now, but I miss the MEAN sound it had before, will my dash rattle if the dumps are installed?