People with m2300 kit, question for ya

ricky50

Founding Member
Apr 30, 2000
Miami
What did you end up doing for a spare tire, did you get small one or did you put a full size spare in the trunk?

I have a coupe and do not know if a full size 17" will fit in the cut out of the trunk area.

• Sponsors (?)

A Space Saver Cobra Spare was too expensive so I bought a 5 Lug GT Space Saver Spare, it will fit on the rear of the car, if I ever get a flat up front then I have to move a rear tire, no big deal.

I just don't carry the spare. Can't remember the last time I got a flat, and it's less weight.

Oh, golly gee willikers Wally, now I've jinxed myself, and Friday the 13th coming up, too...

Edit: Attempting to bypass the language filters is bad. :nono:

Shakerhood said:
A Space Saver Cobra Spare was too expensive so I bought a 5 Lug GT Space Saver Spare, it will fit on the rear of the car, if I ever get a flat up front then I have to move a rear tire, no big deal.

I have never heard of a Space saver cobra spare, do you know who has one and a picture maybe?

MPS - www.stangparts.com has sold them for like $200 each. I had a Mark VII spare for a while, but after changing two front flats and doing the rear tire shuffle, at work, in my dress clothes, I decided to get an extra Bullitt wheel and put it in the hatch. It sticks up about 3-4" above the well. I plan to get some foam padding to fill in the rest of the floor so it will be flat again and the carpet will sit flat. I saw someone had the wheel showing with the carpet around it, and it looked pretty nice to me. I might do that too.

I just looked, and MPS is now seling 05-06 17" spares for $50 each. I wonder if they would fit over the 94-04 front Cobra calipers? I'll have to ask my friend if we can try it out sometime.

trbkrb said:
MPS - www.stangparts.com has sold them for like $200 each. I had a Mark VII spare for a while, but after changing two front flats and doing the rear tire shuffle, at work, in my dress clothes, I decided to get an extra Bullitt wheel and put it in the hatch. It sticks up about 3-4" above the well. I plan to get some foam padding to fill in the rest of the floor so it will be flat again and the carpet will sit flat. I saw someone had the wheel showing with the carpet around it, and it looked pretty nice to me. I might do that too.

I just looked, and MPS is now seling 05-06 17" spares for $50 each. I wonder if they would fit over the 94-04 front Cobra calipers? I'll have to ask my friend if we can try it out sometime.

Would you let me know what you find out on the spare tire please?

99+ GT's have a 16" spare. Unsure if that's the year spread, but my '03 GT has a 16" spare. I have read that it will fit the 13" setup with a small spacer.

Been meaning to test this out because I have 13" brakes on my '03 and hate doing the rear tire swap. However, i don't want to scratch up my painted calipers if it hits :(

On my fox, i have a 15" V6 spare. It will fit the rear Cobra setup, so i just swap the rear tire to the front. However i hink i'm gonna go 275's in the rear on the fox so i guess iwill either need to get a 17" spare, or figure out if the 16" GT spare will fit with a spacer

We need to check out the bolt pattern and size of the spare tire for the ford five hundred and montego. They have HUGE 12.5" Front brakes and 13" rear brakes!

If the bolt pattern is the same, you might be able to get one cheaper

EDIT: just checked, the 500 is a 5 x 4.5" bolt pattern. It could work