People with m2300 kit, question for ya

• Sponsors (?)

I posted this in the other thread, but the Ford Five Hundred and Mercury Montego have 12.5" front brakes and 13" rear brakes on them.

They also have the same bolt pattern as the Mustang

SO maybe they have a 17" spare as well, and maybe Ford just grabbed it from their parts bin meaning Cobra spares come in Five Hundreds???

Not sure though, maybe i'll find a five hundred board and ask an owner to get me the size of the spare, the tire and a Ford part number if possible.

Could be a cheaper alternative if you can find one on Ebay or a boneyard.

Then again, it's a fairly new sedan

I haven't heard from my friend with the 06 Mustang to see if the 17" spare will fit, but as soon as I do, I'll find out and probably buy one from MPS if the shipping isn't too bad.

I got a used (slightly curb dented on the inside) Bullitt wheel for $25 locally. With one of my better Goodyears, the full size spare cost me right at $38 mounted and balanced.

Mustang5L5 said:
99+ GT's have a 16" spare. Unsure if that's the year spread, but my '03 GT has a 16" spare. I have read that it will fit the 13" setup with a small spacer.

Been meaning to test this out because I have 13" brakes on my '03 and hate doing the rear tire swap. However, i don't want to scratch up my painted calipers if it hits :(

On my fox, i have a 15" V6 spare. It will fit the rear Cobra setup, so i just swap the rear tire to the front. However i hink i'm gonna go 275's in the rear on the fox so i guess iwill either need to get a 17" spare, or figure out if the 16" GT spare will fit with a spacer

I guess we are in the same boat i guess, let me know what you find out please?

Snikt89GT said:
What dealership will let you test drive a cobra, bullitt, or mach 1 without someone from the dealer going with you??

When Mach 1s first came out I walked into my Local Dealership and the Salesman tossed me the keys to a Mach 1 they just got and said "Have Fun"!

Snikt89GT said:
What's wrong with just buying a cheap 17" wheel and tire off ebay or something and having a full size spare?

The major downside to that is the space it takes up in the trunk. I mean, its not like these cars have big trunks to start with.