Pep boys has a set of Futura 275x40x17 fo$100.00, each is this a good tire

aj1025

Jul 4, 2003
Tyler Texas
I just walked into pep boys to look at tires and they had a set of four Futura's 275x40x17 for $100.00 each, I couldn't believe it, i talked to a guy that worked there and he said it was the last set. My question is, is Futura a good performance tire, I don't need to buy a knock off tire, does anyone have experience with this tire brand. He told me it's a good tire, but his store is going to discontinue that size tire, has me wondering. Anyway i need some info asap before somone buys these at a steal of a price.

• Sponsors (?)

I buy them for my truck and non performance cars. They are made by Cooper tire. Keep in mind its not soft rubber so they don't hook as well but if you mostly just drive they last and are fairly good tires.

I don't know anything about the tires you are looking at but I can tell you a good tire for wet traction and general driving that doesn't cost much more.
Sumitomo HTR Z II (Ultra High Performance Summer)
Size:275/40-17
WR Speed Rated Price: $119 at tirerack

Hey thanks for all the info on the tires, my wife and i just got back our tax return and it's burning a hole in my pocket, most of the money will pay off bills, but i'll have some left over to play with. I really want some fat tires on the back of my car, and it's a really good price, but like everyone says, me included, you get what you pay for. But any 17 inch tire will only get you 25,000 miles max i think, because they are stickier tires. The experience i've had with cheap tires is that the sidewalls give too much,i like a firm sidewall for cornering. I guess i'll do some more research on these before i buy them, if they sell the tires no biggie. Hey thanks everyone.