Performance oil pump ? ? ?

Need some advice on the oil pump, current build is going to be boosted around 15-17 psi KB, forged the bottom end, port and polish on the stock heads, new cams and springs pending on what's going to work best with the set up, question is what oil pump do I need ? The only pumps I've been able to find for the 4v's was a FRPP High Volume, and Melling's version. FRPP is 60 bucks, Melling is going for 370 (big price difference) is it that much better ? Also some advice on a better pan and and windage tray would help too ?

• Sponsors (?)

The Melling version has billet gears which will tolerate torsional vibrations on the crank snout better than the powdered-metal parts used in the Ford pump. If you're using the OE crank damper this is probably not going to be an issue even with the KB blower.

As for "high volume", you'll only really need this feature if you run loose bearing tolerances.

The FRPP version comes with the 4V-style pickup which is less restrictive than the GT version. It's a steal at $60...

The Melling version has billet gears which will tolerate torsional vibrations on the crank snout better than the powdered-metal parts used in the Ford pump. If you're using the OE crank damper this is probably not going to be an issue even with the KB blower.

As for "high volume", you'll only really need this feature if you run loose bearing tolerances.

The FRPP version comes with the 4V-style pickup which is less restrictive than the GT version. It's a steal at $60...

Ok thanks, I didn't plan on changing the damper, and I'll talk to my engine builder on the bearing tolerances to decide. Any help on the aftermarket oil pan and windage trey ?